Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away support at B.City this season (copied from England fans)

Away followings at Bristol City
Southampton - 2,650**
Plymouth - 2,021 *
West Brom - 2,019 **
QPR - 1,944
Watford - 1,708 **
Cardiff - 1,651
Sheff Weds - 1,513
Leicester - 1,643
Norwich - 1,293
Middlesbrough - 1,264
Man City - 1,256 ***
Stoke - 1,082
Ipswich - 1,051 **
Burnley - 989
Hull - 914
Crystal Palace - 909 ***
Coventry - 830
Sheff utd - 825 ***
Charlton - 643 **
Blackpool - 553
Scunny - 423
Barnsley - 357
Colchester - 350

* = SOLD OUT
** = Midweek game
*** = LIVE On TV

Pretty embarrasing, despite the fact it was midweek so was Watford and they took 1,700! Im assuming of course all this is accurate. Meant to be from their official website.

Comments

• Options
    Watford appears the most direct comparison with us........ London-ish area club, midweek match, top 6 position.
    1,700 customers supporters. Good effort.

Baggies had a sell-out crowd for a mid week match. Plymouth were always going to be up for it - their nearest CCC fixture.

Hate to say it - Palace did pretty well, when you consider not only was it a mid-week match but on telly too. And they weren't top 6 or having a brilliant run at the time.

Surprised at Cardiff - Saturday match, relatively local grudge game (nearest CCC rival), and fans have reputation for good away turnout. Thought that one would have sold out too.
  • Options
    We have a poor away following and your point is?
  • Options
    Oggy,

I think the small sheep turnout was more to do with OB interference in how they travel! Coach only I believe and you don't get your ticket till the services nearest the ground! Straight in, straight out! Similar for a lot of clubs who have a "reputation" which can sometimes explain surprisingly low turnouts.
  • Options
    I was down at City for that game and Im sure we had more like 1,000 there.
  • Options
    interesting figures there confirming my thoughts.....
    and our home numbers are so much better than most but our away numbers well you do the math.....
  • Options
    The clubb needs to generate an incentive for the away support to increase,
  • Options
    of course Ooah, how many away games have you showed up for this season?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]interesting figures there confirming my thoughts.....
    and our home numbers are so much better than most but our away numbers well you do the math.....

YAWN......
  • Options
    but you forget the scunthorpe figures,or the other ones,just base it on this oooh ah,its slightly odd.
  • Options
    would've been 644 without that pesky exam, makes all the difference ;-)

admitedly our away take is a joke for the most part but then i think taking 3 times what Palace took to Cardiff (both midweek), nearly 3,000 to coventry and southampton and 1,000+ to Plymouth when most had given up the ghost is fairly good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not in hes warped head
  • Options
    I'm sure we took more than that to Bristol. More nearer the 1k mark
  • Options
    At the Bristol away match, I'm sure I saw Charlton fans buying tickets on the night - so maybe
    it's not the actual total number and Organiser's figures only include away allocation sold by pre-booking by the away club.

Organiser:
    Good point about OB & anti-trouble procedures - if they make it difficult to travel, then some away fans will give it a miss.
  • Options
    When you compare to Watford, remember that Watford's game was in March and it was a top of the table clash, so would have had more appeal to away fans. We went there in November long before anyone knew that Bristol City were going to be a serious challenge for promotion, so it would have been less appealing.
  • Options
    watford had just over 1000 at selhurst
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite] nearly 3,000 to coventry

we took 2023 according to coventry's website. this was after winning 4 and drawing 1 of our last 5 league games (including the palace away victory).
    if we are comparing to watford, they had won 3 and drawn 2 of their previous 5 league games and took 2286 there on a tuesday night.
  • Options
    yeah but no but our away support's good , oh perleeeeeeeeease
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yeah but no but our away support's good , oh perleeeeeeeeease

I don't think anyone is saying that our away numbers are great or even good, just that in comparison to other clubs they are perhaps not quite as awful as some would like us to believe.

What others percieve as the constant harping on about this topic is becoming slightly wearisome to them. Bit like that guy who's always going on about the Jimmy Seed Stand : -)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yeah but no but our away support's good , oh perleeeeeeeeease[/quote]

I don't think anyone is saying that our away numbers are great or even good, just that in comparison to other clubs they are perhaps not quite as awful as some would like us to believe.

What others percieve as the constant harping on about this topic is becoming slightly wearisome to them. Bit like that guy who's always going on about the Jimmy Seed Stand : -)[/quote]

Not forgetting the bloke who insists on calling it "The Covered End " and not the north stand ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yeah but no but our away support's good , oh perleeeeeeeeease

What others percieve as the constant harping on about this topic is becoming slightly wearisome to them. Bit like that guy who's always going on about the Jimmy Seed Stand : -)

Not forgetting the bloke who insists on calling it "The Covered End " and not the north stand ;)

Yeah, he's a right weirdo : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]We have a poor away following and your point is?
    I'm wondering the same.
  • Options
    i think oohaahs point is when as i remember people like oohaah and myself went every away game we had approx home gates of £4-5k,the away support then isn't a lot different from today,although our crowds have increased 4 fold.That is the point,how do we get these extra fans we have generated to attend away games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]nearly 3,000 to coventry

we took 2023 according to coventry's website.

that really surprises me... at the time i'm sure the figure given was a lot higher
  • Options
    i think a lot of people that go to away games think our following is bigger than it is. this may be down to the generally better atmosphere and maybe the 'day on the beer' effect.
    with isls thinking we took nearly 3000 to cov and thommo amongst those that thought we took 1000 to brizzle, maybe proving that to be the case.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i think a lot of people that go to away games think our following is bigger than it is. this may be down to the generally better atmosphere and maybe the 'day on the beer' effect.
    with isls thinking we took nearly 3000 to cov and thommo amongst those that thought we took 1000 to brizzle, maybe proving that to be the case.
    I wonder what the beer effect will do to you today pbs - happy birthday mate, see you in the pub!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i think a lot of people that go to away games think our following is bigger than it is.

so that's the solution for ooaah's obsession is it...? ;-)

happy birthday Mr Bacon Sarnie
  • Options
    Surely we need to look at away followings elsewhere - why only at Bristol City?

The comparisons made are unfair as some teams were away midweek, in the snow, before Christmas, with a longer distance, during a good / bad run etc.

Finally, the asterisks don't allow for combinations E.G midweek, live games