Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More Cutbacks at the club

A few times this season i have got the Valley Express from Leatherhead. The good lady is more than happy to wave me off goodbye on the coach knowing that her hubby will return that day, and also not having to try and get the chilli sauce out off of on my tops from the Saturday nights kebab on my way way home. It is a very good service, with the route starting from Hampshire and working its way up, through surrey into London However the club now has elected to drop this route as there is only 30 people on the route per game, but then would there be more if the club was doing well i ask...............

Comments

• Options
    How much does a coach cost to run? Perhaps if you all chipped in a bit more you could keep it going?
  • Options
    I would be more than for that for to happen and to me it would make econmocial sense,there is a piece of paper being handed out to people who get on the coach notifying them that the coach will no longer be running next seson, anyone remember how we was notifyed of our move to Selhurst Park on that day in September
  • Options
    Coaches are generally about 50-53 seats.
    If the 30 of you were to pay £8.50 instead of a fiver, the club would be taking the same amount of cash in fares BUT they're not taking the extra £400 in match ticket sales. I think that's more where the problem lies...
  • Options
    It will start with this route and then slowly other routes will get chopped back, in the meantime the club loses more fans from a far, as i stated months over the last two years the managers have undone all the hard work done by the fans,directors and managers in the last fifteen years,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]It will start with this route and then slowly other routes will get chopped back,

Well if they are running half full, of course they will be cut back. Why continue with something that consistently losses money ?

The club have tried to make things easier for supporters to get to the game, at cost price, you can't expect them to continue it if there are not enough supporters.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]It will start with this route and then slowly other routes will get chopped back,

Well if they are running half full, of course they will be cut back. Why continue with something that consistently losses money ?

The club have tried to make things easier for supporters to get to the game, at cost price, you can't expect them to continue it if there are not enough supporters.
    Great attitude mate, so lets tell everone that has been shipped in over the last three / four years, made a huge amount of noise about it, probably gained an extra three thousand plus fans, and now you would just pull it, great logic mate, keep building them bridges to encourge the fans....
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Were the coaches full when we were in the Prem?
  • Options
    If they wasnt why did they continue to run them.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite][Great attitude mate, so lets tell everone that has been shipped in over the last three / four years, made a huge amount of noise about it, probably gained an extra three thousand plus fans, and now you would just pull it, great logic mate, keep building them bridges to encourge the fans....

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it as they say. Valley Express is a brilliant idea for certain people, but if there is not enough people willing to make a route cost effective, how long are you happy for it to keep being a loss-leader because its occassionally convenient for you ?

If you can see that the coach you occassionally get is only half full, then if you really want it to continue get those who do get it regularly to get organised, get everyone to pay a little bit extra and i'm sure the club will sort out some kind of subsidy.
  • Options
    I had no idea they ran a coach from Leatherhead. Had I known I might have used it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]If they wasnt why did they continue to run them.....

Presumably because they considered that they could afford to subsidise them with the extra premiership money sloshing about.

Now that's all gone everything has to be self-financing probably at a guess.
  • Options
    Got issues WIWALB? Why so agressive?
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]so lets tell everyone that has been shipped in over the last three / four years, made a huge amount of noise about it, probably gained an extra three thousand plus fans, and now you would just pull it,

Are they cutting Valley Express altogether? No, just the bus that isn't fully utilised. That makes sense to me.

Just like the fact that us international addicks can't get match commentaries... I can't expect the club to layout for my sake, just because I choose to live outside of south london. I started a website to get my fill, why don't you organise something with the other 29 commuters from your area instead of moaning about what others aren't doing for you?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    why would i have issues, ask the club about the old boy who relies on the coach to get to the game, doesnt drive, cant afford the train fare, if u want a personal pop at me dont do it open forum on a website, or are u a cyber warrior
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]f u want a personal pop at me dont do it open forum on a website, or are u a cyber warrior

Pop... oh dear. I asked you why you are being so shirty... you didn't answer.

Are you going to look into organising a coach for the "old boy" and the other Leatherhead commuters?
  • Options
    how did the old boy get to games more before a year and a half ago ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]how did the old boy get to games more before a year and a half ago ?

He was younger then ....... ;o)
  • Options
    I blame Ken Livingstone myself...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]how did the old boy get to games more before a year and a half ago ?

Well Les Reid was an employee then so a car picked him up.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]f u want a personal pop at me dont do it open forum on a website, or are u a cyber warrior

Pop... oh dear. Iasked youwhy you are being so shirty... you didn't answer.

Are you going to look into organising a coach for the "old boy" and the other Leatherhead commuters?
    As i stated at the start of the thread i rarely get the coach, getting it for only the third time on Saturday, i am thinking of people who get the coach as it is their only method of getting to a game, take that away and you lose the support of them fans, and future generations i.e thir kids or grandchildren, logically it would make to increase the fare to get to the game rather than just dropping it with two games notice, as for the old boy, i will commit to pay any extra cost to him if there is a price increase.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Is that relevant, he made have moved down to the area recently, maybe i will get a full statement from him tomorrow so u can sleep in piece of my mind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But who's better? WhenIwasLittleBoy or LookOut? Only one way to find out...

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
  • Options
    Queensbury rules or street rules
  • Options
    Has the club actually been approached about this?

If those thirty or so users agreed to an increase in fare, perhaps they might keep it on. However, you've said yourself WIwLB that this will be only the third time you've used it and perhaps on some journeys the 'thirty', only ended up being 15 or 20, which might have compounded the problem.

Either way unless someone approaches the club about it, how can anything get done.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Has the club actually been approached about this?

If those thirty or so users agreed to an increase in fare, perhaps they might keep it on. However, you've said yourself WIwLB that this will be only the third time you've used it and perhaps on some journeys the 'thirty', only ended up being 15 or 20, which might have compounded the problem.

Either way unless someone approaches the club about it, how can anything get done.
    Agreed, buth then have the club just decided to pull the thing or put togethor a proposal to continue the coach for the regualr users who rely on the service, i fear the first
  • Options
    go to quote school
  • Options
    all you need to do WIWLB is click on BBCode under where you type and it will stay like that...
  • Options
    They probably kept the service going last year even if it wasn't full in the expectation that they may grow support enough to fill it. With Premier League income, those decisions are easier to take than on the Championship pittance. To be fair, they have kept it going this year.
  • Options
    I have been waiting for the Norwich coach service to start for some time now and I really cannot see that there is any justification for them failing to offer me and my son a subsidised coach service door to door.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]go to quote school
    jesus u must be bored if thats all u are worried about, no wonder NSS speaks so highly of u,
  • Options
    come on he's making a point stop diggin him out.Whether it is right or wrong as something the club have advertised and in someway wallowed (is that a word) in the publicity,you would hope that they could amalgamate other routes to accomodate these people.It isn't very good pr whatever way you look at it.But as i say stop diggin people out for grammer etc.