Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Appeal for calm...

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
This is an appeal for some coolnesss tomorrow. Can people please not boo during the game if the players are not having a great game. I'm sure they will always do their best and not go out there to give the ball away and miss passes. There are just too many 'fans' prepared to get on the players backs just too quickly. This translates into tension in the ground which transmits to the players and sometimes you can actually feel the whole ground start to spiral into despair -and maybe a few have noticed how they get worse - not better! Its far better to (in the words of Edward de Bono) "Think positive". Cheer them on, shout and scream by all means - but see the positive side and send out encouragement. I read this board all the time - but don't post too much - boy there are some negative people on here!

So thats my appeal to support and encourage. If, however, we get to the end and they've not 'given it all' and we've lost (and then it really is all over for this season) then boo all you like...!!

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately the people you are appealing to are not on here. The best way to address this is just to sing over it & drown them out!
  • Options
    Agree whole-heartedly cafc-west.

I've been thinking about what can be done regarding the booing. The best solution i can possibly come up with would be just before the players come out, get someone respected like Kinsella to take the mike, go out on the pitch and remind the fans that the season is not over yet, and we need every single fan behind the team, not against them.
  • Options
    Nice idea that.
  • Options
    that would just undermine Pardew further in my view, certainly get Pards, Robbo Kins and co out on the pitch though
  • Options
    Hi AFKA,

I think that would be a great idea. If someone could really fire the fans up and get them 'on side', and so much the better if it was someone respected like Kinsella, then that would help I'm sure. To get the team performing obviously needs desire/ability on the part of the team and a manager to guide and coach them - but the third aspect is definately the crowd. We can't do much about the first 2 - but the third...
  • Options
    what a la Delia?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]what a la Delia?

Yeah, but instead someone like Northstandsteve after ten pints!
  • Options
    Do you mind if I have a quiet boo? ;o)
  • Options
    Kins walking up and down with his clenched fist urging on The Covered End would be good!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]what a la Delia?

Yeah, but instead someone like Northstandsteve after ten pints!

im good at opera,give me a red and white scarf and i'll sing like that swede
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]im good at opera,give me a red and white scarf and i'll sing like that swede

ABBA ????
  • Options
    " lets be aving youuuuuuuuuuu hic , to much salt ? f**k off"
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Unfortunately the people you are appealing to are not on here. The best way to address this is just to sing over it & drown them out!

If i get there im with you all the way
  • Options
    Quite agree that we should not be booing, however the only way to gaurantee that this will not happen is not to have some inspirational speech out on the pitch but to instead have a squad of capable players who actualy look as if they care about promotion, rather than MOST of the current crop who's minds seem to be wandering to "not sure what colour i want that new Hummer in "
  • Options
    I make Razil right on this one - letting Kinsella out there would only show we're worried about what "reception" Pardew would get.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Unfortunately the people you are appealing to are not on here. The best way to address this is just to sing over it & drown them out!

Spot on :-(

SO SING UP! :-)
  • Options
    They do care about us and promotion and commitment GHE - the Plymouth game showed that.

Coincidentally, the fans who were there were behind them for the whole game and didnt shout crap or boo at every mis-placed pass etc.

The Valley is not a nice place to play at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They do care about us and promotion and commitment GHE - the Plymouth game showed that.

Coincidentally, the fans who were there were behind them for the whole game and didnt shout crap or boo at every mis-placed pass etc.

Fair comment WSS, lets all just get pished up in the liberal, ceate a great a great atmosphere (like the palarse game)
  • Options
    We should boo the people who start booing - that should solve it
  • Options
    i predict a riot!lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They do care about us and promotion and commitment GHE - the Plymouth game showed that.

Fair comment WSS, lets all just get pished up in the liberal, ceate a great a great atmosphere (like the palarse game)

I thought all you plastics were beiing entertained in the West Stand Pre-game :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]

I thought all you plastics were beiing entertained in the West Stand Pre-game :-)

LOL, best mate. COME ON THE PRAWN SARNIE BOYS!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Stop being a plastic and you;d see it for yourself. ;-)

As i said in my match report - after that game when they all came over to us, gave kids their shirts, gloves and boots it felt like the connection between fans and players was there.

Don't get me wrong, the standard of football was pretty dire but everyone stuck together - even after falling behind.

Just wish that attitude could be replicated at The Valley - even when Holland, McCarthy come round the pitch applauding us when we have lost at home i hear so many comments like "F*ck off Holland, you're sh!t", and "Don't f*cking clap us you c*nt".

Yeah, really helpful.
  • Options
    TRUE WSS , VERY TRUE (why do i keep agreeing with you today?)
    Got a fella near me that ends every game with "fcuk off back to Ipswich Holland, you lazy c*nt" what the hell is that all about?
  • Options
    Maybe the boo is the new cheer ?
  • Options
    i think you should tell the nearest steward that some nasty man is using abusive language,he will get him banned dont put up with it i don't.Ask barts he knows i find this totally unacceptable.
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will take the idiots in J block to start booing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I wonder how long it will take the idiots in J block to start booing

Turn round & Clout one of them with your Cast Rothers ! :-)
  • Options
    don't boo the booers cos it's just more boos just stick to the booze