Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon uncertain of future.....

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    See, whats winds me up with Pardew if that he has said on more than one occasion this season that Racon will be a very important player in the future and is very much part of our plans.

Then Racon comes out with "I don't know what is happening because I haven't spoken with the gaffer at Charlton".

Ridiculous. How does it make Terry feel if the manager is saying something to the public and not talking to him in private?
  • Options
    Midfield has been our problem area all seaon so I just can't understand why he hasn't been given the chance.
  • Options
    Whenever I've seen Racon play, he's looked useful. He took control of the midfield against Palace at Smellhurst and looked a class act IMO
  • Options
    Was talking to a cab drive on the way back from a game the the other week, who drives Racon about and pretty much said what those quotes say.

He was telling the driver (who has a season ticket at Charlton) that he doesn't understand why Pards won't give him a game as he's not a youngster, and feel he's done well in the games he's come on.

Have to agree with him, don't know why Pards hasn't given him a chance really?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The answer would seem to be that as Racon would play the position currently held by Matt Holland, and because in Pardews eyes Holland is apparently undroppable, Racon misses out.
  • Options
    because on what he has seen, Pards doesn't fully rate him, that's why.

Whether he is right or wrong is another story, but that's the bottom line.
  • Options
    I see from the bulletin that phil Parkinson is answering questions on 24th April.

Maybe someone should ask Phil about Racon.

Parky answers the questions

Assistant manager Phil Parkinson will be the special guest of the
    North-West Kent branch of the supporters' club later this month.

The senior management team member and former Hull City and Colchester
    United boss will answer questions from fans at Bexley Park Sports &
    Social Club on Thursday, April 24th (8pm).

There will also be a raffle on the night, with Charlton items among the
    prizes.
  • Options
    But I thought Pardew did rate him? I've read a few times that Pardew thinks he's got a big future and all the rest, but the lads 23/24 not exactly a youngster?

Of course we don't see what Pards sees everyday in training, but when he has been given a chance he's looked a decent player capable of doing a job in the first team and most of the reports from Brighton seem to suggest the same?
  • Options
    He must rate him as we don't often give new, young, untried (in this country) players a 4 year contract (if that article is to be believed as it says he's got 3 more years on his deal) so I'd suggest he is well rated down there and is going nowhere and will play a big part next season.

I've always been really impressed with him when I've seen him.
  • Options
    Pards obviously rates him as highly as he did Mascherano who he wouldnt play either at west ham. must have seen something in training about him too lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]The answer would seem to be that as Racon would play the position currently held by Matt Holland, and because in Pardews eyes Holland is apparently undroppable, Racon misses out.

whilst Semedo continues to stink the place out in a 4-4-2... I don't see why Holland can't do the 'sitting' job and we have a more energetic bloke (Racon) in there as well. Really think we've missed a trick with him.
  • Options
    The stumbling block here is Holland and his experience, its a cut throat business I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Disagree about Semedo. I think he's been excellent in most games even if he was off form v Wolves. He's a good defensive midfielder and he adds a lot to the defence at corners and set peices.

I like to see Semedo and Racon in centre midfield.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Disagree about Samedo. I think he's been excellent in most games even if he was off form v Wolves. He's a good defensive midfielder and he adds a lot to the defence at corners and set peices.

I like to see Samedo and Racon in centre midfield.

SEMEDO!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Now you know how I feel when people say "south stand" ; -)

Anyway I spelt it right for once.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Disagree about Semedo. I think he's been excellent in most games even if he was off form v Wolves. He's a good defensive midfielder and he adds a lot to the defence at corners and set peices.

Exactly. Semedo has been surperb in most of the games he has played. He's entitled to an off game.

The problem with Semedo and Racon is that you are still playing with 2 defensive players in the center of midfield. Racon and ZZ would have been the pairing I would have liked to have seen.
  • Options
    superb would be a slight exageration in my view.
  • Options
    it might just be me, but I've never viewed Racon as a holding midfielder...he seems to get forward alot more than most..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]it might just be me, but I've never viewed Racon as a holding midfielder...he seems to get forward alot more than most..

You might be right EA but when we signed him I recall that the OS referred to him as a "defensive midfielder" and I've seen a few comments fron Brighton fans saying that he has been played in a holding role.

I agree that he seems to have a bit more to his game than that but it ould have been nice if we had been given the oppertunity to see for ourselves.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Pards obviously rates him as highly as he did Mascherano who he wouldnt play either at west ham. must have seen something in training about him too lol

Obviously didn't rate Tevez that highly, either...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Disagree about Semedo. I think he's been excellent in most games even if he was off form v Wolves. He's a good defensive midfielder and he adds a lot to the defence at corners and set peices.

Exactly. Semedo has been surperb in most of the games he has played. He's entitled to an off game.

The problem with Semedo and Racon is that you are still playing with 2 defensive players in the center of midfield. Racon and ZZ would have been the pairing I would have liked to have seen.

Is Racon a defensive midfielder? He has always looked best going forward IMHO