Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A year ago today

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
we drew at home to Reading.

Rothko was defending Pards, oohaah and northstandsteve were very worried, i was saying that Thomas will come good one day, and Oggy was telling everyone it was gonna be alright.

Oh how times haven't changed !!

Click here

Comments

• Options
    We got relegated by 4 points - 2 draws converted into 2 wins would have done the trick.

Amongst other 'should haves' and 'if onlys', even beating Sheff Utd at home and being only 90 seconds away from an historic victory at Anfield, if only Magic hadn't given away a needless penalty, would have seen us home & dry.

It's a confidence game though and getting beat in the last seconds at Everton done for us - you could see the belief drain out of the players at the final whistle there - and we never saw it again.

Water under the bridge, blah, blah ....... but after that Reading game, it was still all there to play for.
  • Options
    it was the game before that on good friday against Man city when ZZ missed that chance that really done it for me.
  • Options
    bloody right, me and ooh aah were right yet again and all the rose tinted were saying dont worry its all ok.They will still be saying that when we are in the 4th :-)
  • Options
    And you'll still be Doom mongering about our chances of being relegated to the Conference - and can we hang on to our star player Osei Sankofa ....... ;o)
  • Options
    tell you one thing oggy I will still be a season ticket holder,and i will still out do the rose tinted,present company excepted.
  • Options
    In seasons to come - the doom mongers and the rose-tinted, we'll all still be here, Steve.

You'll still be slagging off the manager - and I'll still be telling everyone that with 5 games left, it's still possible to win 15 points.

So we might as well drink to it, mate! ;o)
  • Options
    I'll see you in the Rymans league with Neil Redfearn as boss
  • Options
    Ah, but Rothko - with Mr Redfearn as manager, we might have a chance to win the Ryman's.
    But Steve would still not be happy.

:o(
  • Options
    Neil Redfearn on par with Mr McCleod awful simply awful
  • Options
    scary i remember walking out of that reading game absolutely gutted
    but we'll all support them thru thick and thin cos we spend half our lives on here cos we're addickted
    the problem is there'll be 10k odd charlton fans who will disappear sharply if things dont get better quickly and then with the lack of their money the downward spiral begins into footballing obscurity.... be prepared, the end is nigh...
    or we could make the play offs and end the season in glory at wembley....dream dream dream