Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Return of Euell and Perry

I have just realised that this saturday Chris Perry and Jason Euell will be back at the Valley for the first time since they left 2 years ago. Personally I hope they both get good receptions. At the time I felt that it was a mistake Dowie let Perry go as he was certainly worth another one year contact and a better defender at the time than Fortune and EL K. Very much an underrated defender who always gave his all for the club.

I know that Jason Euell was not everyones cup of tea, however for 2 or maybe 3 seasons was the clubs top goal scorer. He was another victim of a fall out with curbs and once that happened there was only going t be one winner. i'll always remember since 2 goals against Chelsea at the Valley a few years back and his wonder goal up at Derby.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. I hope both get a good reception.
  • Options
    Ewell couldnt trap a bag of cement but his work rate and attitude were first class, a good few could do with his attitude. Curds f**ked him up, whatever happened between them should not have been at the cost to CAFC.
  • Options
    I can see absolutely no reason why neither get a good reception.
  • Options
    Euell was the catalyst for us staying as long as we did in our 2nd stint in the Prem. His goals were so vital. Granted he wasn't the most gifted but he was a proper grafter.

As for Perry - personally don't think we should have let him go.
  • Options
    Remember Pards don't like us giving ex-players a good reception. Euell to score ?
  • Options
    I thought Pardew doesn't like us to give a good reception to our ex-players......but in this case, both Perry and Ewell were good servants to the club....clap clap clap clap boo clap clap clap clap clap clap.
  • Options
    I couldnt give a sh*t at the moment what Pardew likes and dislikes. I actually dislike lossing 8 times at home and being told its my fault. I actualy dislike the manager not knowing his first team with 5 games to go. I dislike the Manager giving the appearance that he is to big for the team i support.

Ewell at least gave more to CAFC than Pardew has done so far. therfore why shouldnt he be given a good reception ?
  • Options
    I thought Euell came on at the end of the Boro game last season and got a good reception although the ground was nearly empty by that stage. I always thought he dipped when not called up for England with Parker and Konchesky, then Curbs seemed to fal out with him. One classic was when we allowed Van Nistlerooy to turn 8 yards out and smash it in the net, Curbishley blamed it on Euell for not coming off the post FFS! Perry was one of the best value signings we ever had, he must be getting on now I bet he still does a job in this league.
  • Options
    The way that Curbishley treated Euell was nothing short of disgraceful.

If you fall out with a player or don't rate him then fine get rid but to not play him and then refuse to sell him really was petty and vindictive.
  • Options
    I thought that Curbs and Euell had their big falling out when Euell got sent off against Man Utd at the Valley for a silly tackle on the halfway line that he had no need to make. I thought that was the catalyst for their falling out?

I also think Curbs alludes in his book that he and Euell disagreed as to Euell's best position, with Curbs thinking he was a midfielder and Euell preferring to play in attack?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    but to not play him and then refuse to sell him really was petty and vindictive.

Shame he dint do that with Parker!
  • Options
    yeah pards hates us giving old players a cheer as we are to nice but don't mind giving a thumbs up and a wave to the nigels.
  • Options
    Euell and Perry will both get a cheer and clap from me.
  • Options
    jason Euell in the SLP

FORMER Addick Jason Euell has warned Charlton he will have no qualms about killing off their play-offs hopes at The Valley tomorrow - despite his love for the club.

The 31-year-old midfielder made 139 appearances for the South Londoners during a five-year spell after signing from Wimbledon for £4.75million in 2001.

Euell scored 34 goals for Charlton before joining Middlesbrough in 2006, and while he has fond memories of his time at The Valley, he insists there will be no room for sentiment when he returns with struggling Southampton tomorrow.

"It’s always good to go back to play former clubs - especially Charlton where I spent five great years - but I’m a Southampton player now and I have a job to do," he told the South London Press.

"I went back with Middlebrough last year and came on for the last 10 or 15 minutes when we were already ahead by a few goals and I got a really good reaction from the fans, which I was pleased with.

"It will be strange to run out as an opposition player at The Valley but once the game starts all I will be concentrating on is getting the win for Southampton, because we really need a result.

"We know it will be a tense game because both teams have so much to play for, but I still expect there to be a lot of good football. That’s how both ourselves and Charlton like to play."
  • Options
    I suppose we will all be singing "Euell never walk alone"