Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New away kit

TELTEL
edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Heard today that next season's away kit is white...supposed to be a really nice design by all accounts. My favourite kit in years, this seasons away kit gets demoted to third choice, whilst the red kit gets some minor polishing up for the new campaign. The black one bites the dust and none too soon.

Comments

• Options
    Where did you hear this Tel? Any links?
  • Options
    Down at the club today mate, had a chat with a couple of staff...they are now selling the Llanera shirts for a tenner too...bloody good value. I got my youngest (10) a full kit for £17.50
  • Options
    White and sliver is what I've heard
  • Options
    All you lot that are ITK should give us a bit more info instead of tantalizing us with these little tit bits.

You teases. lol
  • Options
    When I was last in the club shop, I got talking to the staff too - I guess they trust us foreign types - they think we don't know anyone! White & black it is, and I believe Rothko is on the button with the silver.
  • Options
    Thats a shame...I was hoping for green and white hoops....
  • Options
    When I was young, I played for a club run by someone who owned a small sports shop. Every year, he let us choose the colours were wore - and we changed every year! Mauve shirts and red shorts were rather nice, as were green and orange hoops with yellow shorts. Maybe, Charlton Life could organise a poll and for 2009-2010, so we can lobby the powers that be.
  • Options
    i heard that the blue wasn't going to be used at all next season
  • Options
    I wish they'd bring back the white with red shoulder flashes that they wore in the mid sixties as the away kit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]i heard that the blue wasn't going to be used at all next season

No, was a one year only kit. Sold very well though

Two new kits next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Exculsive link to the new kits

Don't like them much but I guess they will sell well with the youth.
  • Options
    Oh yes, Len, bring back the red shoulder flashes - they were good. I believe Len Glover himself would have worn them.
  • Options
    I see the commitment to not introduce new kits so often has gone out of the window in recent years... (oops forgot to add oi Henry)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I see the commitment to not introduce new kits so often has gone out of the window in recent years... (oops forgot to add oi Henry)

The club would argue that other than for unforeseebale changes in sponsor all the changes have been as set out in the client charter.

Personally I think there have been too many kits but it's not correct to say that they have gone back on any commitment.

I also think that you can choose to buy a kit or not and that anyone who does so over the age of about 12 needs their head examing but that is a personal view and not one endorsed by the board or the club.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I also think that you can choose to buy a kit or not and that anyone who does so over the age of about 12 needs their head examing but that is a personal view and not one endorsed by the board or the club.[/quote]

Is that because they don't do your size?...;-)

As you said its not Charlton's fault AllSports and Llanera went tits up...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]I also think that you can choose to buy a kit or not and that anyone who does so over the age of about 12 needs their head examing but that is a personal view and not one endorsed by the board or the club.

Is that because they don't do your size?...;-)

As you said its not Charlton's fault AllSports and Llanera went tits up...[/quote]

There does seem to be a pattern developing though.......
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm 105 kilos (16 stone something in old money) and 1.94m tall (6'4'') so not that big.

I think the amount of fatism on this board is shocking. Go and pick on someone your own size : - )
  • Options
    I take it back....not very heavy at all for your height..
  • Options
    what winds me up about the kit shenanigans is the bloody secrecy of it all. They must have a desgined agreed and signed off surely.

I demand to see it :-)))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The cousin of a friend of the man in the club shop's dog told me the new shirt will have a stone Island badge on the arm so that it appeals to "da youth"
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Thats a shame...I was hoping for green and white hoops....[/quote]

Green & Grey.....shurely??????

LOL
  • Options
    Yellow shirts, blue shorts & socks please, Henry, make it happen.

You ever thought about running for Mayor of London???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]Yellow shirts, blue shorts & socks please, Henry, make it happen.

You ever thought about running for Mayor of London???

As I said before the designs were signed off months ago and no I can't tell you what they are cos I don't know.

Mayor of London. When you've been a director of Charlton that would be a step down.
  • Options
    I dunno what you lot are worried about come & see me tomorrow, my Dad gave me the demo shirt from Joma I'll wear it to the game tomorrow so you can all have a gander. I'll be in the Liberal club from Mid-day !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I dunno what you lot are worried about come & see me tomorrow, my Dad gave me the demo shirt from Joma I'll wear it to the game tomorrow so you can all have a gander. I'll be in the Liberal club from Mid-day !

you sure thats not the VETS demo shirt?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I dunno what you lot are worried about come & see me tomorrow, my Dad gave me the demo shirt from Joma I'll wear it to the game tomorrow so you can all have a gander. I'll be in the Liberal club from Mid-day !
    Does it match the West Ham scarf? ;o)
  • Options
    LOL Liberal from Mid-day tomorrow Boys early start late finish no Lambs admitted !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I dunno what you lot are worried about come & see me tomorrow, my Dad gave me the demo shirt from Joma I'll wear it to the game tomorrow so you can all have a gander. I'll be in the Liberal club from Mid-day ![/quote]

won't be there, liberal club, so send me a picture please
  • Options
    not sure i will be allowed in ,in shirt and trousers!!!! the fella on the door will probably charge me double