Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

does anyone remember? - Yellow Day

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
when we had the "yellow day"...

i was speaking to my mate and discussing this, he cant remember it (we are both 20) and on another forum knowone remembers it....

im pretty sure it was in the year we got into the play offs, so would have been 97-98 season....

and i also think it was against forest...

and if i remember we got creamed, they scored loads...

does anyone else remember this?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    it was 2000 in the Championship year. 8 April so 8 years ago yesterday.

We were expecting to get promoted and took 5200 up there but then we drew 1 - 1 Hunt for us and Bart-Williams for them.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    Think you might be getting a couple of dates mixed up. We lost 5-2 once (may have been play off season, a night game) there with Van Hooijdonk getting a hat trick but I’m pretty sure yellow day was in our title winning season when if we won something happened, but like all these operations we buggered it up. We drew 1-1, Andy Hunt scored.

Henry beat me dammit.
  • Options
    thanks very much....

yea i remember now....

we had to wait ages to get promoted, typical charlton :P

thanks very much...

was anyone else there?
  • Options
    forest and Pompey away
  • Options
    I brought a yellow away shirt for £15 for that game, great deal!
  • Options
    Sir Percy, see the pic linked below:

yellow day
  • Options
    There was actually a really bad accident with a couple of the coaches that day.
  • Options
    I remember hearing about that on the day, AFKA.

We were there - spent months following Charlton round the country to make sure we were at the promotion-clinching match. Then we played one Fri night and other results on the Sat (QPR?) meant we went up without playing again...typical Charlton!

We did manage to see the title-clinching nervous draw at Blackburn, at least!
  • Options
    Wasn't there also a yellow day about 3 years ago? Portsmouth away?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Wasn't there also a yellow day about 3 years ago? Portsmouth away?

not sure of that, but it was a free coach game and we were the only mob Alain Perrin ever took the p*ss out of, lost 4-something, it's always us isn't it?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember the day well, never forget getting to Watford Gap services, getting off the coach and just seeing a sea of yellow! I remember i'd done every home and away game for about 2 months and ran out of money just before the Blackburn game and missed the title celebrations! I was heartbroken!
  • Options
    sat down the side the end behind the goal looked like a cornfield great sight remember when Hunt scored went crazy as a win would send us up then they equalized and some twat was giving the hand signs from the executive box and proceeded to do so until five minutes from the end when I think the other members in the box decided perhaps it was maybe a good time to stop due to the group of blokes questioning his parenthood
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Wasn't there also a yellow day about 3 years ago? Portsmouth away?

not sure of that, but it was a free coach game and we were the only mob Alain Perrin ever took the p*ss out of, lost 4-something, it's always us isn't it?!

i was there, but i was sat in with the portsmouth lot, as i went with my dad and his 2 friends (who are pompey suporters) and when we equalised back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down me and dad sort of couldnt hold our excitement and got some very weird and threating looks, fortunatly me and my brother were wuite young, so they decided not to beat us/my dad up (how nice of them) but we got a bit of abuse when we lost 4-2 :(

we weas in the end with no roof (the charlton suporters were there as well )

was a long jouney home as we were with my dads pompey friends :(