Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This sporadic talk of hoddle

MCSMCS
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Is making me feel sick. I would hate it if we employed him.

Whats anyone else's thought on this?

Comments

• I dont know......... But Im still get lagged and Im feeling quite weak...........
  • I think i'd start supporting Chelski if we appointed hoddle.........
  • I wouldnt go that far..........
  • Would be very interested to know who tried for the job in the Summer.

Would the club go back in for a previous target? Taylor, Davies and Parkinson have done nothing.

But in answer to your question I think I would shed a tear if they gave it to Hoddle.
  • A tear, i would shed pints of it dude!
  • Hoddle - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I cant see it being Hoddle it would be sheer lunacy

Altho its prob gonna be someone with Prem experience, wouldnt make any sense giving it to another novice
  • Glyn Snodin ? knows the set up, Success with the ressies
  • Sven's out of a job :)
  • Bottom of the league, you don't go with a rookie.

Its got to be someone experienced, no doubt about it, unless Murray sees enough in Les Reed.

But Hoddle i'd find hard to stomach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah....... but remeber when venables took over at leeds, and then the caretaker took over ........
  • I'm not saying I'd want him but why is everyone SO anti-Hoddle anyway?
  • Hoddle is horrible.
  • Done crap in all his last jobs

Bible basher

Thinks all disabled people have sinned in previous lives = insanity

Terrible man management skills
  • Please give reasons. I hate this form of people jumping on a bandwagon with no reasons.
  • Never really liked him, dont like any club he has managed, didnt like the way he carried on whilst england manager, was manager of spudz! nuff said methinks!
  • He's only done anything @ Swindon & Southampton. Chelsea & Spurs he was crap, as well as England. What bigger reason could you want?
  • [cite]Posted By: Griff[/cite]Done crap in all his last jobs

Bible basher

Thinks all disabled people have sinned in previous lives = insanity

Terrible man management skills

Point One: Not true. Ask any Swindon fan

Point Two: Irrelevant. Besides we need some prayers answered at the moment

Point Three: He only expressed his religious beliefs and this was taken out of all context. No one should be sacked on account of their beliefs.

Point Four: You may be right on this one
  • He didnt do much at Wolves either - just moaned about a lack of cash to spend - our board would love him!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]He's only done anything @ Swindon & Southampton. Chelsea & Spurs he was crap, as well as England. What bigger reason could you want?

How about there being no other choice perhaps? Who do you suggest? Besides can you really say he was so crap for England. I remember Beckham being the one at fault for our quarter final exit to Argentina, not Hoddle. As for Chelsea, didn't he win a cup or something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cant really count swindon as one of his last jobs how many years ago was that!
  • Hoddle...no. Great player but poor manager, bad motivator and weird religious views.

Face it, right now we're in the trenches, we need someone who's a battler not a waffler.
  • You're right on your last two posts, Griff.

I just hate the way Hoddle gets slated everywhere. It's like he murdered some disabled people the way people always hark on about it, and it really pisses me off. If you slag off a Muslim you're seen as a racist but it's OK to slag off Buddhist ideas.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]He's only done anything @ Swindon & Southampton. Chelsea & Spurs he was crap, as well as England. What bigger reason could you want?

How about there being no other choice perhaps? Who do you suggest? Besides can you really say he was so crap for England. I remember Beckham being the one at fault for our quarter final exit to Argentina, not Hoddle. As for Chelsea, didn't he win a cup or something?

No, won nothing at Chelsea. Spanked in the FA Cup final by Man Utd & a semi final exit in cup winners cup to Zaragoza. Never finished in the top 10 either. I'm sure there are plenty of others that are more capable than Hoddle.
    It was Beckhams fault that we lost on a penalty shoot out was it? Sent off or not, we didnt go out because of it. We went out because we couldnt take penalties. End of.
  • I met him once when Spurs did a tour of Bermuda in the early eighties. Wanker is all I can say. I asked him to pose for a pic with me. I was an eight year old kid and even I could tell his head was too far up his own arse for his own good.

Met Ray Clemence too, he seemed nicer when posing for a photo.

When ManUre were down, Norman Whiteside gave me a stick of gum and I still have the wrapper in an autograph book at home. What's he doing these days?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Hoddle...no. Great player but poor manager, bad motivator and weird religious views.

Face it, right now we're in the trenches, we need someone who's a battler not a waffler.

Fair point but who has the right to say that his religious views deserve a sacking. This incident was totally wrong. I said it then (even if everyone disagreed) and I'm sticking to it.
  • edited November 2006
    BFR...... a battler not a waffler..........

Sounds like Lennie........

Can operate when the chips are down.......

Knows the club.......
  • but it's OK to slag off Buddhist ideas

It was the negativity in them, if he'd turned them around and said good people in this life will be re-incarnated to a better life in the next then it would have said exactly the same thing, just put a positive spin on it. The comments about disabled people being disabled because of sins in previous lives is not just wrong, but bad science and insulting. I think any budhhist would have disowned them, they smacked more of some dodgy fundamentalist tele-evangelist type.

As for Beckham getting the blame for England losing vs Argentina, my memory was that we lost on pens. Who'se fault was it that the England squad didn't practice their penalty taking? Certainly not Beckhams...

And the classic quote after the '98 WC came after Hoddle was asked what he'd have done differently. No tactical regrets, it was that he would have taken Eileen whatever her name was, his faith healer/spiritual adviser...and he was being serious.
  • Norman Whiteside gave me a stick of gum and I still have the wrapper in an autograph book at home. What's he doing these days?

A sports physiotherapist I believe.