Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

what scenario would you prefer

1) charlton lose in play off final to anyone but palace
2) palace lose in the last minute of the play off final to anyone but charlton

personally i'd prefer the palace one just to see them suffer would make a nice ending to the season but i'm a bit sick like that

Comments

• Options
    cant chance palace being there and winning mate it would break my heart.
  • Options
    hypothetical question NSS , they lose in the last minute again , claridge styley
  • Options
    1. Rather we got there and lost. At least finished the season on a high.

Also I believe that in the past the two sides have agreed that the losing side gets to keeps all the gate money as the winners are getting the Sky dosh. Receipts from a full house at Wembley would be a tidy sum.
  • Options
    now i would love that,when they did last time i was in a boozer with my father in law and his mates all Palace fans,and when that went in i went mad jumping all over them.Also i got married that year and in my wedding speech thanked Steve Claridge for that goal.
  • Options
    but didnt that horrible ginger tosser score for them in the last minute in one game hopkins i think his name was. i would rather they didnt get there
  • Options
    the palace one as you dont know what impact losing in a play off final could have to us the season after.
  • Options
    i dont think that comment about the gate receipts are true mate!...
    The main reason why the fa put the semis of the fa cup at wembley was to pay off the debts for building the stadium.I doubt the robbing bastards would allow the play off final gate receipts to go to the losing team!
    Maybe they did that at cardiff and the old wembley but not now im afraid!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]i dont think that comment about the gate receipts are true mate!...
    The main reason why the fa put the semis of the fa cup at wembley was to pay off the debts for building the stadium.I doubt the robbing bastards would allow the play off final gate receipts to go to the losing team!
    Maybe they did that at cardiff and the old wembley but not now im afraid!

You may be right but I was talking about the winning teams share not the FAs and the play-offs are a Football League event in any case

I assume that this is some sort of gentlemans argreement rather than a fixed thing.
  • Options
    2 has already happened, and I was there! In some respects it was a lot more fun than us winning it, because I could enjoy the atmosphere without the stress of worrying about the result.

Us getting to the final and losing will mean we'll have won the majority of the remaining games this season, so I'd have to take that option.
  • Options
    I'd definitely take us getting to the play-off final but getting beat.

Would mean we'd won the last four games and a play-off semi-final and fans would be united back behind the team and their would be optimism ahead of the new season. Would also have a positive effect on S/T sales.....