Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal out of Europe

Women in tears in the away end as soon as Liverpool grabbed their second. Full grown men in replica shirts and red & white stripe scarves covering their faces with their hands when they only needed a goal to reach the semi-final and there was still 15 minutes left on the clock.

A great great sporting moment.

Comments

• Options
    what a shame for the woolwich rejects - bet goonerhater is happy
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Bad news for people who like watching good football, balant kop end decision at the end for the chicken mourning bin dippers.

Walcott's run was special
  • Options
    I'm afraid I know far too many Arsenal fans that are annoying to want them to go through tonight.

Its about time Walcott did something worthy of being selected in an England squad.
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted. F****** scouse bin dippers.

Walcot's run was awesome. Never a pen IMHO but I'd want it if it was us.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Bad news for people who like watching good football, balant kop end decision at the end for the wall pushers.

Walcott's run was special

you sound like a plastic mate ;0)
  • Options
    I quote Sir Alex Ferguson on this

"I can understand why clubs come away from Anfield choking on their own vomit and biting their tongues knowing they have been done by the referee ."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I quote Sir Alex Ferguson on this

"I can understand why clubs come away from Anfield choking on their own vomit and biting their tongues knowing they have been done by the referee ."

gotta love Fergie - loads of penalties are given against United at OT - Scousers hate him, you have to love him for that.
  • Options
    by the way I'd just like to add to my above statement that I dislike Liverpool as much as everyone, its just the fans that I know that swing it for me.

I'd like to see United win in Europe and the league as well.
  • Options
    was there a game on tonight?
  • Options
    Is it wrong to want Barcelona win it because I don't know any Barcelona plastics?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really can't stand Liverpool, everything about them
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that at all my friend, I couldn't give a rats arse about any 'English' side in Europe
  • Options
    I LOVE being out of the premiership for games like tonight.

Neither club mean anything to me, i have no alterior motive, simply watching the game as a pure football fan. I was captivated for the whole game, thrilling stuff, and played by BOTH teams at a pace we could only dream of. It was football at its finest, and if i'm completely exaggerating, then the beer wasn't watered down :-)

I take my hat off to Liverpool. They don't have as good a team as Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool, yet they seem to play this competition to perfection. What stands out for me was earlier in the season, they were majorly falling behind the other three, there was boardroom unrest etc, yet there fans to a man stood by Benitez, very publicly as well.

Well that loyalty paid off, because they deserved that win tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I LOVE being out of the premiership for games like tonight.

Neither club mean anything to me, i have no alterior motive, simply watching the game as a pure football fan. I was captivated for the whole game, thrilling stuff, and played by BOTH teams at a pace we could only dream of. It was football at its finest, and if i'm completely exaggerating, then the beer wasn't watered down :-)

I take my hat off to Liverpool. They don't have as good a team as Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool, yet they seem to play this competition to perfection. What stands out for me was earlier in the season, they were majorly falling behind the other three, there was boardroom unrest etc, yet there fans to a man stood by Benitez, very publicly as well.

Well that loyalty paid off, because they deserved that win tonight.

Well said. Of all the top teams it is Liverpool I like the most and for that reason.
  • Options
    after watching that game i pine for us to be in the premiership, i want charlton to be mixing it with the best .
    yeah admittedly we hardly ever got anything from playing these great sides but i know what games i'll be talking about in twenty years time and it wont be the 4-1 win against blackpool or 1-0 win against stoke , it'll be the 4-2 victory at highbury, 3-3 v man united etc doubles over chelsea and liverpool
    and i'll take the regular 4-0 thrashings any day against world class teams over the complete and utter dross that we have lost to this year
    some might prefer a shit team winning all the time in a shit league, personally i'd prefer a half decent team struggling at the highest level
  • Options
    watching the game last night made me wish we were still prem so i could get to see torres live what a finish i hate arsenal more than the bin dippers so i was well chuffed to be honest liverpool man yoo final would be good for atmosphere
  • Options
    I love logging on here 'the morning after' and finding i got all wordy when drunk the night before.......
  • Options
    Torres would be rested when Liverpool played us.

Man U would put out their second or third string.
  • Options
    no way torres would know he would have to be at his best to score against the likes of fortune and sodje :-)
  • Options
    On a scale on 1 to 10 where 1 is sad and 10 is absolutely deliriously happy, how do you lot think I am feeling this morning?

Football can be cruel sometimes.
    Ars*nal were exceptional first 25 minutes last night. Their 1-2 touch football is a delight to watch...
    You may have heard me screaming "hack him down" as Walcott crossed the half-way line on that mazy run of his.

Funny Mr Wenger saw the penalty incident.

Couldnt happen to a nicer club.
    Just hope Liverpool turn over Chelsea next so we get a Man Utd v Liverpool final which would be fantastic...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame for Walcott it ended as it did, as that was his 'Michael Owen' moment
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    John boy as i am surrounded by your comerades i acknowledge your joy you will be going to work today smiling at the dirty gooner bstds just like me i never understand the point when they say to me how can you rather a nthn team beat a london team my response since wenger has always been its a nthn team vs a foreign team and i really do not like wenger
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I really can't stand Liverpool, everything about them[/quote]

seconded!!

never a penalty. typical jammy scouse. hate 'em....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I really can't stand Liverpool, everything about them

touche my friend touche
  • Options
    Cannot believe Myself Medders & Gumbo were probably the only people in the Pub in Rainham Kent supporting Arsenal last night, we proper mugged ourselves celebrating the equaliser though. :-)
  • Options
    Happy days !!

Glory hunting gooners crying, Wenger moaning (no change), painful pen ho ho ho ho ho.

and this "English" team wins NOTHING again.

NICE
  • Options
    i have to say i dont like either. But i wanted liverpool to go through purely because they had English players in the starting 11 and i hate Eboue, he doesn't deserve a medal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Cannot believe Myself Medders & Gumbo were probably the only people in the Pub in Rainham Kent supporting Arsenal last night, we proper mugged ourselves celebrating the equaliser though. :-)

I wasnt too bothered who won, until that plastic scouser behind us got really annoying...
  • Options
    wanted arsenal over the murderous mourners.
    really enjoyed watching last nights match.
    reminiscing over our victories over both arsenal and liverpool. still in 4-5 years time we can look back and remember the days we didn't turn up at blackpool, scunny etc and the thrilling home defeats to colchester, qpr and the like.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    come off it PBS this is an exciting league