Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Attention all CIFC players past & present

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
I have just uploaded a video of our finest hour - the penalty shoot out in Leeds 2002.

Probably the worst quality shoot out ever - but everyone was knackered after 2 days of non-stop drinking football.

Strictly of interest only to CIFC veterans!

Comments

• Options
    is that grass growing about 2 foot up the goalposts?
  • Options
    Yes - and thats the best of the dozen or so pitches on the site we always play at.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i never made this but know the lads that did and heard lots lof stories of legendary piss ups - how you lot managed to play and win the bloody thing = oh yeah can't wait to see Mr Murfet - shocking pen.
  • Options
    I trust you saw Murf's shocking penalty miss about 2mins into the clip Arf!
  • Options
    yeah i edited my post - i'm sure he told us he missed but still worth the piss take
  • Options
    He scored one of our best ever goals in the Cup semi final against Luton - unfortunately we didn't film that one!
  • Options
    Cherers G. never seen that before.

Even more gutted I didn't make it that year (probly why you won it tho)

Roll on July !
  • Options
    Murf scored the best goal I've ever seen down a coldharbour. Picked up the ball in his own half, beat about 4 or 5 players before a cracking top corner finish. Ref asks his name an Murf can't breath, just stands there making puffing sounds for about 5 mins :)
  • Options
    I can't believe i missed that year. All for Chrissy Nunn's sister's wedding !

Some of the worst quality, but funniest ever footballing moments i ever had were with CIFC. Ayr weekend will always rank as one of my best ever boys away weekend, and Leeds every year never fails to disappoint.
  • Options
    I'm sure I know one of those players. Martin Cheeseman was the name of an older brother of one of my mates at school. If I remember correctly he used to be in the Charlton youth team for a while as a goalkeeper. Anyone know if its the same guy, hard to tell from the video
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]I'm sure I know one of those players. Martin Cheeseman was the name of an older brother of one of my mates at school. If I remember correctly he used to be in the Charlton youth team for a while as a goalkeeper. Anyone know if its the same guy, hard to tell from the video

Peakie, i was with him in the pub an hour ago !!

Cheesey has played for my Sunday side, and CIFC for a good ten years now. Nightmare on the pitch, and an absolute filthbag off it. Take it you mean his brother brother Greg ? Funny fecker, and big Charlton fan. I'll be seeing him on Saturday.

Small world
  • Options
    I can confirm Cheesey is a nightmare on the pitch! Bloody good keeper on his day though!
  • Options
    My last name is Cheeseman, pretty rare name as well.

Great video, looks like that was a weekend to remember!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Take it you mean his brother brother Greg ? Funny fecker, and big Charlton fan. I'll be seeing him on Saturday.
    I was the one who converted him into a Charlton fan
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]He scored one of our best ever goals in the Cup semi final against Luton - unfortunately we didn't film that one![/quote]

yeah I know mate we heard plentY about that one.