Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

stoke's support last night

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
watched most of the game last night on sky. Thought Stoke were a touch unlucky and on another day would have got at least a point.

However.........there suport was sh*te. Fans on here moan at our support, but geez, you could here a pin drop. Can't believe they were 2nd looking to go top. No noise (apart from the obligatory boos at half/full time), no singing, no drums.

what do others think?

Comments

• Options
    was watching The Fixer, much more entertaining I'd imagine.
  • Options
    yeah, i thought it was poor, considering where they are in the league and they've always been a noisey bunch when i've heard them at the valley
  • Options
    A crowd of only just over 15k as well, that is piss poor!!
  • Options
    I think we've all got a little too caught up with ourselves, and not realised that exactly the same things are happening at nigh on every other club.

If a club isn't successful, fans are outraged, the manager is a fool, the players are pampered egotists that aren't trying etc. Its becoming far too common a theme to be true. Plymouth, Charlton and Wolves fans have been saying it in recent weeks. At Christmas Cardiff fans unanimously wanted Dave Jones sacked, and now they are in the FA Cup final. In August, Stoke fans wanted Pulis sacked, and now they have had a season better than they ever could of hoped.

Everyone just needs to take a step back, and not get caught up in so much short-termism.
  • Options
    This season i would say plymouth have over achieved , wolves a little below par for what was expected of them, cardiff about par in the league over achieved in the cup and we have under achieved IMO so far!
  • Options
    Bristol City and Hull have over achieved most definitely
  • Options
    It's purely because of the money involved, unfortunately.

There will always now be this levelled at players etc when they don't perform, due to the cash they are "earning" for just turning up. That's why everyone has less patience.

The whole thing's sad, but true.
  • Options
    I dont understand why Pulis has dropped Simonson their goalkeeper and Fuller very strange.
  • Options
    yeah it was very quiet and lots of empty seats, yet at half time Phil Brown still managed to say "they've got a good crowd behind em".

what did you think of Sinclair? set up the goal well, seemed lively and interested with bags of pace but oh well.
    Fuller shoud've started, thought Bothroyd put in some dangerous crosses at the end - still think we should've kept hold of him would be alright in this league.
  • Options
    Bothroyd is a tosser.

Wolves didnt even think he was good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do you know him personally then to make such a comment. did ok for us, considering he would've been free i think we should've taken him on
  • Options
    Disagree Talal, got a decent left foot on him, but a very limited player in my opinion, and glad we offloaded.

I see Wolves are trying to do the same.
  • Options
    scored 6 goals for us, only had 4 starts - compare that to Marcus Bent for example.

Irrespective of whether he has done poorly at Wolves, at the time when he was with us I feel he should've been offered a year
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    Ok, sorry.

On the pitch Bothroyd acts like a tosser.

6 goals?! I must have missed 4 of them but thats probably because I didnt do cup games.

The fact that he also went on a pre season tour with Palace and even they didnt want him says a lot!
  • Options
    The boy has the talent, but does not have the desire or the correct attitude to be a good player. So many players just like him (Thomas, Leon Knight, Carlton Cole, Julian Gray)
  • Options
    Pullis in the interview before the game said that Stokes crowd of 20,000 have been roaring them on............yea right Tone..............