Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Pullis

twentey thousand at home LMAO

Comments

• Does anybody remember a poster on 606 that used to go on about Pullis all the bleeding time? Always banging on about how we should boot out Curbs and bring him in as if he was some kind of miracle worker.Used to get the pi55 ripped out of him something chronic.

Thing is......
  • What was this original thread about?!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Does anybody remember a poster on 606 that used to go on about Pullis all the bleeding time? Always banging on about how we should boot out Curbs and bring him in as if he was some kind of miracle worker.Used to get the pi55 ripped out of him something chronic.

Thing is......[/quote]

Noodles...
  • had an influence on the team last night. Abject in first half but he appeared at h/t and they were far better second half. Didn't deserve to win it though. Happy for him though after the day he'd had.
  • [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Does anybody remember a poster on 606 that used to go on about Pullis all the bleeding time? Always banging on about how we should boot out Curbs and bring him in as if he was some kind of miracle worker.Used to get the pi55 ripped out of him something chronic.

Thing is......

Noodles...

That's the fellow.
  • I put Tony pullis in the same sort of category as warnock - know there football, bloody good managers and it doesn't take them long to put together a winning team - like Morinho (however it's spelt) - instant success. Football ain't that complicated and if a manger starts talking about 5 year plans then you know you're onto a wrong un in my opinion. Watch Villa plummet with Houlier.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Does anybody remember a poster on 606 that used to go on about Pullis all the bleeding time? Always banging on about how we should boot out Curbs and bring him in as if he was some kind of miracle worker.Used to get the pi55 ripped out of him something chronic.

Thing is......[/quote]

Noodles...[/quote]

That's the fellow.[/quote]

Strangly enough, when stoke have a good result, I always think of him! ;o)
  • He's done wonders there. Stoke were just another run of the mill sh*t northern team going nowhere when he took over. Now they're pretty much an established top flight club and can afford to spend 8m on a striker.
  • Instant success? Really?
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]He's done wonders there. Stoke were just another run of the mill sh*t northern team going nowhere when he took over. Now they're pretty much an established top flight club and can afford to spend 8m on a striker.

yeah.Just had to look at their bench last night.A real ' bugger it ' moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Instant success? Really?

more often than not, yes. If either Pullis or Warnock (ideally Warnock although i accept neither is going to happen) got the manager's job here in the summer i'd be (picks his words carefully in case Henry pulls me up on it) very confident of promotion that season. Hope i'm wrong but don't believe Parky has it in him. Nice bloke, spends money like it's his own - great, i can see the attraction in that, particularly after the last 2 posers but is he a good football manager? That, i accept is not the main priority at the moment as we don't have a pot to piss in. Fair enough.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Instant success? Really?

more often than not, yes. If either Pullis or Warnock (ideally Warnock although i accept neither is going to happen) got the manager's job here in the summer i'd be (picks his words carefully in case Henry pulls me up on it) very confident of promotion that season. Hope i'm wrong but don't believe Parky has it in him. Nice bloke, spends money like it's his own - great, i can see the attraction in that, particularly after the last 2 posers but is he a good football manager? That, i accept is not the main priority at the moment as we don't have a pot to piss in. Fair enough.

Not sure what this has to do with parky.

What I was questioning was that Pullis has "instant success" he did OK at Gillingham, poorly at Portsmouth, was not that successful at Stoke or Bristol City, was out of work for two or three seasons, went back to Stoke and after a few years got them up.

A far from shabby record and he has learnt his trade over time and is doing well with Stoke but he didn't bring them "instant success".
  • Noodles was the poster's name
  • Sorry Henners but he did wonders at Gillingham, basically put together the team that Taylor got promotion with. Agree with you on the others though
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Sorry Henners but he did wonders at Gillingham, basically put together the team that Taylor got promotion with. Agree with you on the others though

Fair enough but again not really instant success.
  • Didn't he get promotion from Div 3 in his first season at Gillingham? That not instant enough?
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Didn't he get promotion from Div 3 in his first season at Gillingham? That not instant enough?

Don't know but if he did then certainly.
  • His Mum died yesterday, which why he was late to the game last night. Takes some bottle and commitment to do that and roast your side to get a second-half turnaround.
  • [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]His Mum died yesterday, which why he was late to the game last night. Takes some bottle and commitment to do that and roast your side to get a second-half turnaround.

Grief does the strangest things.