Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team/Formation for Saturday?

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Is there a case for us to go 4-5-1 against Bolton, and try to get the midfield back on track?

D Bent the lone striker, Romm and Ambrose/Bolanos on the wings, with a choice from the following in the middle: Ambrose/Hughes/Holland/Kishishev......

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2006
    No- The personell where wrong yesterday- that's all

Carson (prefer Myrhe)
    Young El Kak HH Traore
    Kish Ambrose Faye Reid
    D Bent JFH (another chance if it's not raining!)
  • Options
    Stanmore,

if you play Kish on the right we will become too narrow. Ambrose and Reid together in a narrow midfield will be too lightweight against Bolton, and Ambrose would leave Faye extremely exposed in my opinion.
  • Options
    Ambrose, Faye, Kish, Reid for me. Give Romm or Lisbie the last 20-25 minutes to run at them. Bolton are a big side but perhaps lack a bit of pace.
  • Options
    i agree with stanmoreaddicks team apart from i would play romm instead of reid. romm could then switch wings and have a go at both of the full backs with ambrose tucking in tighter from the other flank.
    whats happened to bolanos?
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    kish is not a creative midfielder.he protects the back four-five if he plays alongside faye.this looks like gap central to me and is just asking for teams to attack us,not us to go for them.it's as defensive minded as we can possibly get.long ball here we come.exciting football? not a chance.
  • Options
    Peakey,

Here's what I wrote on netaddicks earlier in reply to you:

Kish is better going forward than he generally is given credit for. He had quite a few assists last season and would work well with Faye freeing up two wingers and two strikers to concentrate on going forward rather than tracking back.

The midfield is too lightweight as things stand. We are always going to get overrun sooner or later.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    i agree with regard that he is a better player than is given credit for,but i need to stress that i feel that he is not a creative midfielder.

with faye,bolaños,reid,ambrose,romm and thomas,where would he be? clearly hughes and holland do not work well together if at all.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Stanmore,

if you play Kish on the right we will become too narrow. Ambrose and Reid together in a narrow midfield will be too lightweight against Bolton, and Ambrose would leave Faye extremely exposed in my opinion.[/quote]

Thats a view i've had leveled at my opinion before- but we need Luke Young to provide the width on that side- totally accept Kish Ambrose and Faye will almost become a midfield three with Ambrose the one who should have the license to go forward in the middle.
  • Options
    good sensible debate guys, and decent arguments from all angles.

One thing we're agreed on, the midfield has to change. Sadly the one factor that would probably appease us all, we haven't got at the club...
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] One thing we're agreed on, the midfield has to change....

We are all probably agreed that the central defence also has to change- however the personel aren't there/available.

Now who was it who acted as if you could never have too many centre backs?????????????