Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Cardiff

In an FA Cup semi-final? How the fook did that happen?

And more importanly, what planet have I been on not to have really noticed - or at least given it any thought???!!!

Comments

• Options
    I have to say I will watch this one Offy, should be a cracking game - I'm much more interested in this than the Championzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz League borefest - I haven't watched a full CL game in the last 5 years I reckon.
  • Options
    Yeah should be a good battle - fancy cardiff - game should be at old trafford IMO.

Agree on the champions league Oakster - Everyone here seems to love it - Plastic idiots - Met a guy who was a man utd and liverpool fan - says it all. He even asked me when teddy Sheringham left Arsenal. Saying that they probably think the same when I talk about Hockey - Canucks are out now - Maybe the flames will win it.
  • Options
    That'll be a good one. Shame the semis are at Wembley though – spoils it imo
  • Options
    I really hope Cardiff do this. My boss is a huge Cardiff City fan & goes back weekends to see them. She's there today with her lucky sweater!

Mind you, I wouldn't want to be in London if they lose. I know what coach loads of angry Cardiff fans look like & it ain't pretty!!!!!!
  • Options
    Brother in law is a Barnsley fan and will be there with my nephew
  • Options
    Barnsley deserve to win after beating Liverpool and Chelsea in previous rounds.
  • Options
    once again we play not part in them,fuck me its starting to grate a little,barnsley and cardiff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Barnsley deserve to win after beating Liverpool and Chelsea in previous rounds.

Agreed. I want them to win but moreover I want Cardiff to lose. I couldn't stand seeing Fattywank having some glory after the way he played for us last season.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    agreed,cardiff be would unbearable if they were to win the cup,nothing club,i would be happy if pompey won it,rich history
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]agreed,cardiff be would unbearable if they were to win the cup,nothing club,i would be happy if pompey won it,rich history

Not sure about history nolly - both Cardiff and Portsmouth have won the cup the same number of times.

I just don't want HH to get his grubby hands on it either. I will cheer Barnsley tomorrow like I was cheering West Brom today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pompey won a league title and were a decent side for a long time,great history great fans,cardiff have no fanbase even though they harp on about being a sleeping giant! think they will get to the final,but whatever one does will lose,its pompeys year.
  • Options
    To be fair HH looked like he gave a damn when he played for us, something that JFH could rarely be accused of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]pompey won a league title and were a decent side for a long time,.

True
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]To be fair HH looked like he gave a damn when he played for us, .

True, but it was negated by the fact that all along he had a stupid clause in his contract saying that we would have to let him go if ever we got relegated.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Not stupid for him though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]To be fair HH looked like he gave a damn when he played for us, .

True, but it was negated by the fact that all along he had a stupid clause in his contract saying that we would have to let him go if ever we got relegated.

Invariably in life you get what you negotiate. In his last season for us he was hardly on the top of his game, but I don't begrudge him leaving, winning an FA Cup winner's medal or at least the chance to play in a Wembley FA Cup final.

Whatever, at least whichever club wins the FA Cup won't be one of the big four/five clubs that dominate the Premiership and that alone is something worth celebrating. Moreover it means that a lot of journeymen players who might never get another chance to play in a FA Cup final will at least have this opportunity.