Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southampton in dire straits

I just heard on Talk Sport that Southampton have gone into administration this can not be correct surely.

That is a disgrace if they have the fans must be gutted looking at Pompey now

Comments

• Options
    how quickly things change ... scary ....fingers crossed it never happens to us
  • Options
    Your not wrong that is a true reflection of how not to run a footie club.

They even said Rupert Lowe is going back in to try to save them I didnt even Know Rupert the bear left
  • Options
    Wasn't this the first season without the parachute money?
  • Options
    does the 10 point deduction apply?
    if so there are a few teams that have just had the pressure eased on them.
  • Options
    got a soton fan at work their share prices are dropping like a stone and he reckons its nailed on they are going down
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]does the 10 point deduction apply?
    if so there are a few teams that have just had the pressure eased on them.

hopefully they were only 11 points behind us
  • Options
    oohaah you must have been shocked by wolves crap support saturday,going for promotion as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]oohaah you must have been shocked by wolves crap support saturday,going for promotion as well

live on the box , not a new ground for many, same home crowds as us and they brought 2-3 times what we'd have brought to them in the same situation , not great but not bad either
  • Options
    no they didnt,i thought what they brought for a six pointer tale end of season,london wolves fans etc was truly shit,also much better supported home wise,well naturally
  • Options
    1500-1800 is a reasonable turnout....
    i'm going to barnsley how many do you think we'll bring up there, i'll count em for ya
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're actually going on an away day? ;-)
  • Options
    i would say about 1000,are away support this year has been better than most,and we hardly set the world alight,great fans great board,shit manager.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    yep miracles do happen lookout !
    if we bring over 600 to barnsley i'll be surprised nolly
  • Options
    bringing good numbers to plymouth on a shit run,doubt palace or qpr would
  • Options
    last game of the season over 1000
  • Options
    i cant see any info on the net to collaberate what talk sport said earlier.

no news must be good news for all them saints fans i really wouldnt like to see a club like that go into administration they didnt seem to risk it all like leeds.
  • Options
    i blame chris perry. hasn't he just gone there............from luton.
  • Options
    I think it's widely accepted that southampton are in trouble - their revenue sank by £5m last year and that was after they sold Kenwyne Jones to Sunderland and Chris Baird to Fulham. The rumour is that they have accepted an early payment from Arsenal for the remainder of the transfer fee for Theo Walcott.
  • Options
    Very sad for Southampton :-( I hope things will turn around for them.
  • Options
    already in the bottom 3 why the feck couldn't they wait before this administration nonsense

Another club where the question is where has all the money gone.

Look at the amount of the decent players they have sold for decent money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is what the reality of leaving the distortion known as the Premier League can mean.

Aren't there new rules for clubs going into admin late in the season to be deducted points the following season?
  • Options
    they havent gone into administration
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]yep miracles do happen lookout !
    if we bring over 600 to barnsley i'll be surprised nolly

Yawn
  • Options
    nope what they have done is re-negotiated the walcott deal,as they needed the money now.They couldn't wait for all the clauses to be reached which would have taken the deal to £12m I think they settled on £9m.I didn't hear them say they went into administration i reckon NLA was on the guiness again.Just shows though doesn't it after next year this could be us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]nope what they have done is re-negotiated the walcott deal,as they needed the money now.They couldn't wait for all the clauses to be reached which would have taken the deal to £12m I think they settled on £9m.I didn't hear them say they went into administration i reckon NLA was on the guiness again.Just shows though doesn't it after next year this could be us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did that a few years ago with the Bowyer deal with Leeds, although we kept the sell on clause, but the git peed off Houllier and our percentage of £9 mill, got reduced to a percentage of a free transfer :-(
  • Options
    Do we have a Walcott that we can sell on if it all goes pear shaped?
  • Options
    Southampton had a couple of years ago one hell of a youth team,Bale,Walcott with over youngsters Jones Surman and look what has happened they have nearly all gone and for very good money and still they are in the smelly stuff.
  • Options
    Stadium to pay for innit
  • Options
    i thought that was done and dusted by now?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i thought that was done and dusted by now?

Think it's still kicking about.

Here's what Southampton themselves are saying

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=9963