Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ex CAFC 11

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Carson
Young Spector HH Konchesky
Bowyer Parker Murphy Reid
Bent Bent

All ex CAFC playing in the premiership this season
Where did it go wrong, not a bad 11 I suggest

Comments

• Options
    A huge cock up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Carson
    Young Spector HH Konchesky
    Bowyer Parker Murphy Reid
    Bent Bent

All ex CAFC playing in the premiership this season
    Where did it go wrong, not a bad 11 I suggest

Curbs left because as fans we didn't like his "boring" style of football.
  • Options
    Bring back boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hindsight as we know is a wonderful thing. Curbs stayed a year too long appointing Dowie and Uncle Les were the real problems. Losing Parker after our last meeting vs Wolves hit Curbishley hard I am sure from which we have never truly recovered
  • Options
    'Curbs left because as fans we didn't like his "boring" style of football.'

Is this fact Len ? @has Alan Curbishley come out and said i left charlton because of the fans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]'Curbs left because as fans we didn't like his "boring" style of football.'

Is this fact Len ? @has Alan Curbishley come out and said i left charlton because of the fans

More than once in interviews I remember him saying the fans don't like it but it works for us when talking about 4-5-1.

In my opinion disillusionment with the fans combined with the frustration of Parker which Lats refers to followed by "Judas" Murphy and Smertin all combined to help him decide enough was enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]'Curbs left because as fans we didn't like his "boring" style of football.'

More than once in interviews I remember him saying the fans don't like it but it works for us when talking about 4-5-1.

In my opinion disillusionment with the fans combined with the frustration of Parker which Lats refers to followed by "Judas" Murphy and Smertin all combined to help him decide enough was enough.

Curbishley went because, whether through a lack of funding from the board or a lack of motivation on his part, we were in decline and he jumped ship before it took him with it. Don't blame him just wish he had done it a couple of seasons sooner before the rot really set in.

It is niave in the extreme to think that out problems only started when Curbishley left and both he and the Board have to except some responsability for the position we are now in.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    didnt Curbishley say 'I wish I was given 12 million quid' when i was there ?
  • Options
    yes pete tong he did say that, i thin the exact quote was 'I wish Id been given that sort of money'