Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halford

Comments

• Options
    Looks like our best Dead Ball man since Jensen though.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]The geezer is absolute f###### crap.

At fault for the 1st and 3rd goals I can't see what Pardew sees in him I really can't. Waste of an effing loan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Couldn't possibly disagree more.
  • Options
    I've said since we signed him that I think he is a good footballer just maybe not a right back. I think he would be excellent in midfield or indeed as a centre half.

When he was at Colchester he played everywhere except between the posts so maybe he's a victim of being a utility man?
  • Options
    ledge I am afraid to say after sticking up for mcarthy on here recently he was at fault for atleast 2 goals Saturday.

Weegie is bang on with the Halford reports I think sometimes we look at players that we dont rate and blame them for any errors I know i certainly do.

Halford was non existant for the 3rd goal in the build up but so were all the rest of our players especially in defence,

The problem for me is we are going to be going into next season with a very weak midfield as Holland and Semedo perhaps could have worked a few seasons ago but Matty doesnt have the legs to cover for Semedo's mistakes, semedo gets caught with the ball in extreemly poor places on the field with great regularity. Our wingers dont tackle back.

We neede to sign Leroy Lita permantly and he will bang us out of here i am sure but what started as a learning for a new team looks as if it could role in to next season and i dont think anyone will give Pards time if we start the next like this one and then we will be in the Shite.

We need to give Halford a break alot of shite booing very loud at times what the feck does people think that brings to a game. we are becoming a fecking joke and by we i mean the fans not the team
  • Options
    1st and 3rd goals both down to Sodje playing them onside when the rest of the back 4 were up in a line.
  • Options
    And maybe Halford was nowhere to be seen for the third because he was pushing forward as he had taken on board that it was a must win game for us? The third goal was just one of those things - a quick break in the last minutes of a vital game - a bit unfair to single anyone out defensively really.

There is no doubt to me that Halford is getting picked on by supporters simply because he is tall and gangly - some seem to think it's the only reason he's got a pro contract ahead of their own nearest and dearest, whereas others assume that he has no pace and no control because of it.

I agree it might be worth considering him in other positions - if he has a weakness to me, it's that some wingers can beat him fairly easily and get their crosses in, though I don't think he's been anymore guilty of this than any of our fullbacks at times this season (even Sir Chrissie).

And as for Moo2 - I haven't seen sight nor sound of him for weeks. Is there something going on there we're not aware of?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]And as for Moo2 - I haven't seen sight nor sound of him for weeks. Is there something going on there we're not aware of?
    It's the Pardew way it seems - if you're not in his plans then you get shunted totally. It has happened with Moo2, Youga, Thomas, Semedo, McCarthy, Fortune, Iwelumo, Varney all this season at some point!
  • Options
    the point about Halford is that he is not only poor but he is on loan! why bring in and play a player who is out of confidence when the players that are on the clubs books and can play right back (Moo2, Sankofa and Youga) are not only miles better but will gain by the experience.

judging by pardews over the top gesticulations towards the upper north when halford scored on saturday he might unfortunately become permanent though!
  • Options
    I'd be quite happy if he did become permanent - think he has a lot to offer both as a footballer and a character.

Sometimes loans do work - Scott Carson last season??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]judging by pardews over the top gesticulations towards the upper north when halford scored on saturday he might unfortunately become permanent though!
    What were these? I didnt see them.

That was maybe because I was running down the concourse ironically booing all the "Halford Booers"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ok I am going to hold my hands up and say a bit harsh on Halford - i was pished off with the result and sought to blame someone.

He was deffo at fault for the 3rd if he'd been in position that ball would not have gone across.

2nd goal no one can blame anyone you just have to applaud a great bit of skill/

1st goal the whole back four can take the can for that one.
  • Options
    They were picked up on tv apparantly.
  • Options
    I think Thatcher comes out mostly unscathed in this, cant believe it.

Our defending from set pieces, most namely throw ins (where the first goal came from), we make it so easy for the opposition to creat a move out of nothing, yet we find it hard to get a throw to our own players feet most of the time.
  • Options
    i agree with what weegie's said, i'd like to keep halford ... if he had a better name and barnet like say youga , people would prefer him IMO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i agree with what weegie's said, i'd like to keep halford ... if he had a better name and barnet like say youga , people would prefer him IMO
    However stupid that may sound.

I agree.
  • Options
    However stupid the last two posts sound... they are stupid! You are saying that if Halford was called Alfordi and had a perm the crowd would like him. LOL.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]apparantly

So you can't actually confirm Pardew's supposed gesticulations to the Covered End, but you're prepared to dig him out for it on the interwebs?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    When we were at the dizzy heights of 7th in the Prem under Lord Curbs Sodje was playing centre half at Hartsdown Park for Margate.

The guy has many good qualities but is going to look woefully short of class at times because of his background. It's no different to Fortune's lapses in concentration, Mc Carthy struggling with quick tricky strikers or Bougy's "El Kak" moments.

We're a Championship side now so our players will be of limited ability.

Regarding Halford to quote Curbs is he better than what we've got i.e. Moo2 and Sankofa?

His apparent veratility might make him a useful squadman though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]However stupid the last two posts sound... they are stupid! You are saying that if Halford was called Alfordi and had a perm the crowd would like him. LOL.
    Yes.

alfordikv4.png
  • Options
    Lookout. Son saw it. pardew was making a point to the north upper (who is digging him out? i just said he gesticulated to the crowd... nothing wrong with that if they are not v signs etc)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]However stupid the last two posts sound... they are stupid! You are saying that if Halford was called Alfordi and had a perm the crowd would like him. LOL.
    Yes.

alfordikv4.png

Sign him up now!!
  • Options
    lol good one
  • Options
    WSS funny guy or computer geek discuss?? lol
  • Options
    And from now on I will call him Alfordi
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    alfordi whooooa
    alfordi whooooa
    he comes from ch-elms-ford
    his real name's greg halford
    alfordi whooooa
  • Options
    I am begining to like him as a player already.
  • Options
    "Regarding Halford to quote Curbs is he better than what we've got i.e. Moo2 and Sankofa?"

If you are planning to attack with pace then no, I don't think that he is better than Moo2 and I would much rather that Moo2 was given a chance.

I'm not convinced that Halford is defensivly that much better and is more of a launch it to the big man type of player, either from feet or with the long throw. Although I accept that this maybe what Pardew wants him to do.
  • Options
    Play Halford centre midfield and Moo2 right back.....

Love the pic. Reminds me of an elongated version of Mark Penfold. lol
  • Options
    Good listen, interesting how much he loved his time at Charlton. But Autism certainly effected his career though, and people understanding him