Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

pardew

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
half got stick on way to tunnel,pure venom

Comments

• If you admit to cocking it up in public and then the wheels fall off. . . .

Poor the Sooper Al :***(
  • dont bother me that he got it,nothing great about him.
  • Don't worry Nolly, it's all the crowds fault apparently.
  • I'm not saying Pards out but, as someone said in another post, his tactics, team selection and subs today have really lowered my opinion of him as a manager.
  • judging by the final whistle response,i think people are starting dislike him.
  • Yeah I mentioned his starting line up, tactics and substitutions in the other post.

I can't see how you can play a midfield 4 of Holland, Semedo, Ambrose and Thomas. There is so little movement there and it's far too defensive centrally.

He brought on Varney far too late. He should have brought him on when the game was 1-1 and we were having our strongest spell.
  • Quote from his nibs "the last goal was a killer blow!" oh really? Why was that then? in the 94th minute and the winner as well!
  • I think those in charge of Heathrow Terminal 5 are doing a far better job than what Pardew is doing at Charlton.
  • but why would you change it when we are having our strongest spell though?
  • [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]Yeah I mentioned his starting line up, tactics and substitutions in the other post.

I can't see how you can play a midfield 4 of Holland, Semedo, Ambrose and Thomas. There is so little movement there and it's far too defensive centrally.

He brought on Varney far too late. He should have brought him on when the game was 1-1 and we were having our strongest spell.

Sorry Fish, I couldn't remember who had said it.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]but why would you change it when we are having our strongest spell though?

Bring on an extra goal scorer to press home the advantage.
  • Better to change it when we are playing well but haven't managed to score surely, rather than when we have conceded and it's desperation.
  • i really dont think pards knows what he's doing,too many players and doesnt know his best team,which is pretty poor with 5 games to go
  • apart from them scoring,did you not feel that we were soo on top that our goal was always coming.putting the extra striker may have seen them score far sooner and maybe more?
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]apart from them scoring,did you not feel that we were soo on top that our goal was always coming.putting the extra striker may have seen them score far sooner and maybe more?

Possible TK but also we may have had a couple more ourselves with an extra offensive player on the pitch (ZZ for Holland for example). Don't think it would have weakened us that much to be honest. We'll never know but as it was a game we had to win I think it was a chance we had to take.
  • Two holding midfielders in a flat four RUBBISH !!!
  • I'm really having some doubts about Pardew now.We are so toothless it's unbelievable.
    His style of play i.e lumping it up to the big fella and hoping for the best, is shameful and he has to be held accountable for it.His signings have not been much better.Filling a side with loan players sends a terrible message.
    I hate to say it,but i think he may be getting us into a bigger mess than Dowie did.
    Some very tough times ahead i think people.
  • Trouble is Murray appointed him, the same way he did Dowie and Reed. So if he goes Murray will only add to his mistakes and bring in another problem.
  • Murray is no longer in charge
  • is he not? i thought he was now Chairman of the football company?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]is he not? i thought he was now Chairman of the football company?

Yes, Murray chairs the footballing company, Chappell chairs the holding company.
  • [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Trouble is Murray appointed him, the same way he did Dowie and Reed. So if he goes Murray will only add to his mistakes and bring in another problem.

That's it Ken, always look on the bright side. Any future appointment is BOUND to be a mistake isn't it? I don't know one person who wasn't pleased with the appointment of Pardew - or are you saying you weren't? Hindsight is a wonderful thing you know.
  • actually i posted around the summer that the jury was out on pardew in my opinion because of errors last year and the arrogance he showed at a fans meeting in maidstone. i have also posted (despite an appauling season by pardew... worst in a full season since alan mullery) that he should be given two years min to prove he is up to it. my post above was saying just that ie there is no point in attempt to improve things by murray appointing another.
  • [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]actually he should be given two years min to prove he is up to it.

You're right Ken,but have you seen anything in the last say 10 performances to indicate that he is up to it?
    It's hard to pull any positives from recent performances and this is what worries me.
    If we were giving it a real go but maybe just not getting the rub of the green i'd have no problems with that,but the problems we have seem to be more widespread and appear to be getting worse.
  • yes he has a massive job to do to correct his own errors in the transfer market.

if he fails then by then the club may have new owners with more money that could attract someone more up market and up and coming eg paul Ince. young ferguson
  • But if he fails and we start next season as badly as we are going to finish this then we could do a 'forest'!!
  • even pardew cant fail that much surely!
  • If he goes though, who do we get? Maybe go back for Billy Davies?
  • ???????

Whats the point of this? Who on earth could/would do anything better than Pardew has? Dowie? f~*king Coleman?

I know who, Martin O'Neil! Or Arsene Wenger!!

Problem is when things are not going quite so well positivity pisses a lot of you off it seems.
  • My problem is that assuming we are in the same league I cant ink one player into the starting team for next season.

Weaver probably and most likely Gray given the money spent. But who else.