Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Skiing &/or Snowboarding

Had my first day of the new season on the slopes at Lake Louise yesterday - beautiful conditions for the first weekend.

Anyone else on here like a bit of powder?

Anyone coming out to Banff/Lake Louise this winter??

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Anyone else on here like a bit of powder?

I think Ketman may partake on occasion
  • The Peruvian or Colombian kind or even the Horse Tranquilizer kind yes.

Seriously though, have not been since school & don't know why cos I thought it was brilliant, just always ended up going elsewhere.
  • Trying to go back to Whistler end of Feb this year money permitting. They dont open there slopes for another fortnight.

Is Lake louise on the east coast as we may try to stay a bit nearer to home if its cheaper?

Also skiing or snowboarding what is your preference, i was told by the canadians we stayed with to learn skiing as its better and by the end could comfortably get from top to bottom only stacking it a couple of times but the boarders were flying down the slopes after a week training so might go with that this time
  • i love abit of powder!!

i go skiing most years.. tried snowboarding a few times.. much prefer skiing tho...
    cant wait to go again in january

Went to Banff a few years ago.. had a top top time there
  • Lake Louise is here

8 hour flight + 2 hour transfer from Calgary

It's a beautiful place, and if you can stay at the Fairmont Lake Louise hotel you will have a great time

From there you can hit about half a dozen resorts including the huge Lake Louise & Sunshine Village slopes - but also some cooler places like Kicking Horse.....

The mountains of Eastern Canada are not worth bothering with though mate, you would be much better off hitting Europe.
  • I will vouch for this place, truely amazing. Stayed at carribue lodge in banff, best place ever, and the hotel at lake louise, fully equipt with its own lake that ices over for you 2 skate on is something to behold.

Oakster, i wish i could afford it again. Lucky you living right on the doorstep!