Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer shirt sponsors

QPR are set to announce a shirt sponsorship deal with Kingfisher beer.

Didn't I hear that beer brands were going to be banned from sponsoring shirts.

Comments

• i think they are eventually going to be forced to drop their name from children's replica strips, not adults as well
  • From kids strips from next season, and in the long run I think they'll be a complete ban
  • any sponsorrhips involving alchol or betting firms will be removed from childrens replica kits
  • edited March 2008
    Charlton said they were not entertaining the idea of an alcohol company for us.

QPR also have arranged a kit deal with Lotto. Both them and Kingfisher are linked to the same guy, involved in F1.
  • the most profitable industry now must be online betting, lets face it they are never going to go belley up on us
  • When are we going to see our new kits ?

New sponsors ?

And where is my season ticket ? When are prices going to be shown ?
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]And where is my season ticket ?
    You not got yours yet?

They started sending them out alphabetically last Wednesday.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]And where is my season ticket ?[/quote]
    You not got yours yet?

They started sending them out alphabetically last Wednesday.[/quote]

What the kit, sponsors or the season tickets
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]And where is my season ticket ?
    You not got yours yet?

They started sending them out alphabetically last Wednesday.

What the kit, sponsors or the season tickets

I'd take a guess at season ticket as that was what was in the original question but I may be wrong : -)
  • france don't allow it do they - notice when Rangers,liverpool etc have to black their logos out when playing in France. Why is ti then when we have a binge drinking culture do they allow it here - because they pay more money into government coffers than most other brands exc cigarette companies.
  • Sponsored links:

• All a bit ridiculous if you ask me. If I'm in France I can go in an hypermarch and by a box of rocket fuel lager for pennies yet I'm not allowed to look at a football shirt which has the name of a beer on it? In the meantime most of the country proceeds to smoke itself to an early death.
  • fair point HH
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i think they are eventually going to be forced to drop their name from children's replica strips, not adults as well
    Funny that, I was flicking through the first True Colours book yesterday and apparently brewery advertising was banned from kids' replica shirts when when shirt sponsorship first came in.

True Colours
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]france don't allow it do they - notice when Rangers,liverpool etc have to black their logos out when playing in France. Why is ti then when we have a binge drinking culture do they allow it here - because they pay more money into government coffers than most other brands exc cigarette companies.
    I believe alcohol advertising is completely banned in France (prepared to be proved wrong on this one!).

Incidently, Red Bull is banned from being sold because of one of the chemicals it contains.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    QPR's kit sponsorship is a sportswear company:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2268074,00.html
  • No Wss, that is the new kit sponsors. Kingfisher are to become shirt sponsors.
  • Thats what i said. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]From kids strips from next season, and in the long run I think they'll be a complete ban

You are right Rothko, but FFS, who are the people who go around dreaming this crap up?

We are supposed to live in a free society, but every day we are being told how to live our lives, what to do and how to think. Now they are fixated with the idea that if we can't see the name of a product we wont consume it. Just how thick do they think we are? On second thoughts, they are probably right, after all we keep voting for the morons who come out with all this...

Viva la revolution!