Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Terry

Must have really pissed off Mr Capello, as he's made Rio Ferdiand captain for the France game on Wednesday

Comments

• Best thing I've heard today. Not sure if Rio would have been my choice, but I sit firmly in the ABT camp.
  • May be it was JT saying he did not mind Beck's being made captain for his 100th cap. Arrogant twat
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    Ha ha ha.

I really don't like JT, you have to think some of Mr Capello's thinking was in the way that Terry constantly runs to ref arguing decisions and encourages the rest of his team to do it.
  • I'm in Mr Terry's camp here I know who i would want alongside me leading the team out and it aint Rio 'tosser' ferdinand.
  • Has to be El Gerardo for me.

Can't stand Rio
  • Rio is a twat, but then again so is Terry, nice to see Terry hasn't got it all his own way though. As mentioned I suspect this has something to do with the harrassing of refs by Chelsea.....Gerrard for captain for me all day long.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Can't stand Rio
    Just because you had a bad holiday in Brazil there is no need to hold it against Ferdinand
  • jt should still be the captain imo....

and i also think beckham should be captain for his 100th cap.....

its a magnificant achievement, only the 5th person to achieve it i think...

I dont mind rio though, as he is a very good player and is captain at united i believe...(in G nev's absence)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Has to be El Gerardo for me.

Can't stand Rio

Don't like Rio as a person, but as a player i think he'll be a decent captain. However i do agree that it should be Gerrard.
    Wasn't gerrard captain last time out, so maybe Capello is seeing how different players respond.
  • Capello said from the start he would rotate the captaincy up until the qualifiers so he'll just be testing everything out.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Has to be El Gerardo for me.

Can't stand Rio[/quote]

Don't like Rio as a person, but as a player i think he'll be a decent captain. However i do agree that it should be Gerrard.
    Wasn't gerrard captain last time out, so maybe Capello is seeing how different players respond.[/quote]

so you have met rio then???

how can you say you dont like him as a person when you have never met him...

as the saying goes...

do not judge a book by its cover..
  • Capello has said that he wants to look at his options for captain before the qualifiers in the Autumn, so Gerrard for the first game, now Rio, and he'll look at a couple of others for the game against the USA at Wembley in May and the tour in June
  • [cite]Posted By: sir_percy[/cite]

as the saying goes...

No, but i don't like people that evade drug tests, i don't like players that appear bigger than their boots, and i don't like people that use the term 'merked', so it just seems to be a nice fit :-)
  • He has just merked JT!
  • edited March 2008
    I posted about this the other week and applaud Capello immensely for not giving it to Terry - Ferdinand is murder as well - Has to be Gerard for me because he epitomises everything an England captain should be on the field and just as importantly OFF IT (Not our off it) as well. Soemthing you can't say about thta scumbag terry , allegedly.
  • Always remember Ferdinand eating Jaffa Cakes whilst playing against us two season ago at Old Trafford it was so easy talk about take the pee !!
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: sir_percy[/cite]

as the saying goes...

No i haven't but it's just an impression i get of him. He may well be unfairly portrayed in the media but outside of football he just comes across as an arrogant tosser. Especially on that program where he 'murked' people.
    I think the same of Ashley Cole, Pennant and Defoe but i've never met them either.
  • Always find it strange how so many seem to have a personal problem with Ferdinand, ive met him and he seemed decent enough. Good choice for captain too. Gerrard on the other hand - i cant stand the bloke, diving sniverpool scumbag.
  • If you most decent guy would give it Hargraves.

If you are looking for a player should always be playing then I'd give it to Hargraves.

If you are looking for the player with the European experience and who speaks another language so can chat to refs, oppo players and foriegn press then I'd give it to Hargraves
  • The first qualification for being England Captain is joining in the singing of the National Anthem.....
  • Sponsored links:

• What does "merked" mean? No speako streeto.
  • [cite]Posted By: sir_percy[/cite]so you have met rio then???

as the saying goes...

I have and can confirm he is a grade A tosser.
  • I would have gone for Gerrard myself but as yet Capello has not sorted out whether Gerrard is going to be a fixture in the team so I suppose Rio is a reasonable choice. I think Terry is great but due to recent antics, both on and off the pitch, in my mind he needs a slap on the wrist and hopefully this is it. If Capello sorts Terry out then I'd have him back as Captain long-term as I don't see Rio in that role.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The first qualification for being England Captain is joining in the singing of the National Anthem.....

then on the most recent outings, the only one not eligible is Wayne Rooney. the others all at least vaguely mumbled.
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]What does "merked" mean? No speako streeto.

you've been merked, means the same as 'you've been done'

or as danny dyer would say:

'e's been pwopa tucked up'
  • I never used to get it when he used to say 'you've been merked' because to merk someone actually means to stab someone. I went to Woolwich Poly, I should know!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The first qualification for being England Captain is joining in the singing of the National Anthem.....

then on the most recent outings, the only one not eligible is Wayne Rooney. the others all at least vaguely mumbled.

That comment was for Henry's benefit but he didn't want to play....
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The first qualification for being England Captain is joining in the singing of the National Anthem.....

That comment was for Henry's benefit but he didn't want to play....

I know and I'm trying to ignore it ; -)
  • I dont know about "merked" but i know what a merkin is... always makes me chuckle. am sure we've said this one before?
  • Is it like a gherkin?