Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Inflatable Banana

Good to see the Baggies bringing the old classic back on Friday.

Remember getting mine from Dartford's old ground when Maidstone were sharing there.

Who else had a banana, pink elephant, or any other inflatable ?

Loads on offer here:

http://www.partystuffonline.co.uk/NewProducts.asp?CatID=77

Comments

• Those bananas were my son's hightlight of the WBA game. He's seen them on old videos and thinks they are great.

Maybe if we get to the play-off final this year................
  • Sorry lads...but what is so great about an inflatable banana...?
  • FRRRRUUUUUUIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Sorry lads...but what is so great about an inflatable banana...?

It reminds me of my childhood
  • And it is silly
  • wasn't it man city that started it all ? seem to remember main road looking like a fruit and veg stall
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Sorry lads...but what is so great about an inflatable banana...?

He's 9. Give him a break. : -)
  • I seem to remember a story from the 80s when the inflatable thing first did the rounds, the Club shop tried to get hold of a load of inflatable haddocks, only to find that Grimsby had bought all available stocks.
  • sounds a bit fishy to me BFR
  • Sorry lads

But Heath and Saftey and fire Certs

Are we allowed theses potential hazards?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]wasn't it man city that started it all ? seem to remember main road looking like a fruit and veg stall

Yep due to Imre Varadi sounding like "Banana" !!!

I was working in Manchester at the time, so ended up on the Kippax a few times with said banana. Also saw them at Brighton, Luton (in the League Cup) as away fans in the league were banned, and Brentford. They got promoted but werent much cop as a team.
  • I remember Grimsby playing Wimbledon in an FA cup game in the late 80s at plough lane.
    Grimsby bought down a couple of thousend fans and neally everyone of them had an inflatable fish!

Looked good on T.V.

Didnt we have a couple of games early 90s when we had inflatable swords??
  • Perhaps we could get inflatable flasks!
  • [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]

I was working in Manchester at the time

so you must've been about 5 years old... cor you've had a hard life for one so young
  • We had the inflatable fish a week after Grimsby up at Aston Villa.

Very Zzzzz, we copy everyone.

Bouncy, Bouncy!

Pah.
  • we have inflateable every game its called Pardew just full of hot air
  • Pardew must go!
  • what's it like down the den now falconwood
  • I had one of the large bananas at the Bristol Rovers end of season away game back in the 90's. Someone got pissed off with it though and threw it out the ground :-(

If someone made a load of inflatable fish and sold them outside The Valley I reckon they'd make a few quid
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Good to see the Baggies bringing the old classic back on Friday.

Remember getting mine from Dartford's old ground when Maidstone were sharing there.

Who else had a banana, pink elephant, or any other inflatable ?

Loads on offer here:

http://www.partystuffonline.co.uk/NewProducts.asp?CatID=77

I wanna get the inflatable jukebox
  • Sponsored links:

• that jukebox is well funny lol
  • male blow up..........60 inches more than wife gets a year
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I remember Grimsby playing Wimbledon in an FA cup game in the late 80s at plough lane.
    Grimsby bought down a couple of thousend fans and neally everyone of them had an inflatable fish!

The fish were stupidly called "Harry Haddocks" by the more stupid "Codheads" Cocks -FACT.