Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Gray

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
I had a really good look at him yesterday. He's not a target man in the Iwelumo mould, he's not pacey like Varney or McLeod, he's not a link man like a Sherringham or Todorov and he doesn't seem to be a natural finisher/poacher like, say, Kevin Phillips. So, what exactly is his natural game - what are his strengths - how did he play at Burnley?

This isn't a pop at the man by the way, because for all of the above I still do quite like the look of him - but I'm just struggling to work out where he's going wrong and how we can play more to his strengths.

Comments

• Options
    Thats a bloody good question Off_it. He obviously is a good footballer and can score goals. At the moment he looks like the banjo player in a herd of cows.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]...... how we can play more to his strengths.

That's the question.

To get the best out of any footballer, he has to be allowed to play to his strengths.
    Up until Christmas, Andy Gray was leading goalscorer in the division - because Burnley played to his strengths.

Pards must have watched video after video of Gray before he bought him.
    I suggest he get's those old Burnley videos out again.

They might just hold the answer .... ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]...... how we can play more to his strengths.

That's the question.

I suggest he get's those old Burnley videos out again.

They might just hold the answer .... ?

the answer is (probably) kyle lafferty.
    hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if we'd signed him instead of faffing about with prem loanees, he could've been the replacement for andy reid. how much would he cost? i don't know.
  • Options
    Bought them both as a double package, you mean PBS, using the Reid money?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Bought them both as a double package, you mean PBS, using the Reid money?

not neccessarily.
    as well as scoring himself, i think lafferty could've provided creativity for the strikers we already had at the club, though injuries to dickson, mcloed and varney shows that we would've been wanting (numbers wise) for strikers.