Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

quarter final tickets

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
hello everybody new member here,regarding the tickets for the quarter final i for one can't wait for this and think if it avoids the tv can be a excellent crowd,our club has a history for having big crowds for cup games like this with the carrot of a cup final possible.so when phoning the club to find out about tickets i was pissed to find that they maybe doing a brentford and giving them more than they need,a club who are one of the worst supported in the leagues,we want to win this game,make it a cauldron like boro last year not cater for wycombe bleedin wanders,sorry for this gripe so early on a monday,but unless people voice there concerns over this,thew club once again will play the nice guy,were there to win this or make the final,i think we can and need our fans not theres in our ground in numbers.

Comments

• Options
    What exactly did they say Lucy?

and Welcome BTW
  • Options
    I hope this game isnt on the Tuesday, Ive got tickets to a gig.
  • Options
    said there talking thursday to wycombe and will most probably give them some of the east,as i said i was hoping to sit in the east,its a quarter final and once again our club is catering for a club that only averages around 5000,give them the away end.great site btw.
  • Options
    The regulations I think are the same for the FA Cup - that is away fans are entitled to 25% of the tickets, obviously that is more than the South Stand's capacity so presumably they will also be given Block A and Block B of the East Stand.
  • Options
    Cheers Lucy,

Just spoke to the club and nothing has been decided. Wycombe are entitled to have a part of the East if they want it by the competition rules but so far have only asked for the Jimmy Seed Stand. Problem is if we start selling tickets in the south end of the East we can't then segregate. We'd be annoyed if we were only given 3,000 for a QF. I think the semi's are different as they are home and away.

Charlton have suggested £15/£10/£5. Again waiting for WWFC to confirm but seems likely. Once agreed with WWFC should go on sale end of the week fingers crossed.
  • Options
    BFR, It's the Jimmy Seed Stand :-(
  • Options
    well if they have only asked for 3000 thats good,as soon as there on sale we can buy in the east and thats that.also were a club who averages 25000 they average 5000,common sense must prevail.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I hope this game isnt on the Tuesday, Ive got tickets to a gig.

with you on the tuesday wish.
    got tickets to the theatre on the wednesday. despite the tuesday being my mums b'day, me and my dad will treat her to the buffet and match ticket for her b'day if its on the tuesday!! she's well chuffed.
  • Options
    I agree but for a QF they will take their normal home gate at least. Brentford and Orient did and Wycombe is not a long way away. Just south of Bromley town centre.
  • Options
    My track record on cocking up dates isn't too good just now so can I say the date is down to Chris Parkes and Wycombe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Considering that for home ties in the Carling Cup this season we've struggled to get over 10K are we in a position to quibble over how many tickets we allow WW?
  • Options
    well if they have only asked for the jimmy seed stand maybe they see that as fitting
  • Options
    I want it to be tuesday .

Dont care how many Wycombe bring , we aint going to sell out anyway are we
  • Options
    We'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    We didnt sell out the home areas for Boro in the more prestigious FA Cup so why not give Wycombe 5k.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The regulations I think are the same for the FA Cup - that is away fans are entitled to 25% of the tickets, obviously that is more than the South Stand's capacity so presumably they will also be given Block A and Block B of the East Stand.

so if we were drawn at home to spurs, they could demand (and would sell) 5000 tickets. would people have the same attitude?
    what if it was 3rd round of f.a. cup at home to man u/liverpoll/arsenal/chelsea and they demanded and got 5000, how would the season ticket holders in blocks a & b feel if there was a ticket shortfall.
    also how would the club feel at not being able to sell 100's (maybe up to a 1000) seats due to segregation issues. and having to pay what would be a higher police bill due to home and away fans sharing the stand and away fans using 2 exits.
    as for wycombe we know it wont sell out a week before xmas and they seem to be only asking for 3000, if they ask for 5000, then they should be on a non return basis (ie club pay for them whether they sell them or not, as has happened to us in the past)
  • Options
    boro was on tv this wont be,away allocation should be judged on the club were playing,were not here to reward wycombe with a great day,were there to beat them and send them on there merry way,this is winnable then where one away from a final,something we never do,its all nice being in the prem but we hardly set it alight,actually winning something is what matters,and this well within are capabilties.
  • Options
    regarding the last post that was my rather agitated young son,i personally think dowie needed time,and the board showed a lack of bottle,les reed hardly inspires.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The regulations I think are the same for the FA Cup - that is away fans are entitled to 25% of the tickets, obviously that is more than the South Stand's capacity so presumably they will also be given Block A and Block B of the East Stand.

so if we were drawn at home to spurs, they could demand (and would sell) 5000 tickets. would people have the same attitude?
    what if it was 3rd round of f.a. cup at home to man u/liverpoll/arsenal/chelsea and they demanded and got 5000, how would the season ticket holders in blocks a & b feel if there was a ticket shortfall.
    also how would the club feel at not being able to sell 100's (maybe up to a 1000) seats due to segregation issues. and having to pay what would be a higher police bill due to home and away fans sharing the stand and away fans using 2 exits.
    as for wycombe we know it wont sell out a week before xmas and they seem to be only asking for 3000, if they ask for 5000, then they should be on a non return basis (ie club pay for them whether they sell them or not, as has happened to us in the past)

I don't make the rules...

What I would do is section off Blocks A & B as overspill for WW until they decide how many tickets they require, and actually sell and then make a decision. It's not as though season ticket holders won't be denied access anywhere else in the ground. When I was a ST holder (East Stand) I liked to sit in the West Stand for cup games - just to get a different perspective.