Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Baggies reading ?

Would be very interested in how it has been seen in terms of importance with the FA Cup and promotion.

What's being seen as more important etc.

Comments

• I was looking at a board the other day and surprisingly it seemed a hell of a lot of people, given the choice of promotion vs. cup took the option of cup.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I was looking at a board the other day and surprisingly it seemed a hell of a lot of people, given the choice of promotion vs. cup took the option of cup.

Nice to know there are still some decent people around. In the same posistion I'd say the same. Not very likely to have the choice though.....
  • They will never get a better chance to win the FA Cup - they should make it the absolute priority.
    Anyone who thinks getting promotion is better than winning the FA Cup is a loon.
  • For clubs, promotion is better.

For supporters FA Cup is better (just).
  • I actually have a suspicion that WBA might fall out of the play offs, they have game sin hand but theres no guarantee they'll win them, and everyone else seems to be sneaking up on them.
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]They will never get a better chance to win the FA Cup - they should make it the absolute priority.
    Anyone who thinks getting promotion is better than winning the FA Cup is a loon.

Exactly. They'll probably never have a better chance to win the cup and get into Europe, whereas if they get promotion they'll be straight back down the year after anyway.
  • The Europe thing can be ignored too.
    Winning the FA Cup would be amazing.
  • I have to wonder if playing two thirds of their games away will effect them positively or negatively. We forget that it is only our home support with massive expectations. This is their 2nd season in the Champs and they still haven't got it right despite 2 managers, a decent turnover of employees and good crowds.

If they miss out this year, the parachute money ends and they will be faced with selling their best players.

The Cup run has become a bit of a rope around their neck but it now appears to take all the focus, and the media will keep it that way at least until the semi's in a few weeks.

Perhaps playing away will help them but their record is no better than ours.
  • My money is still on WBA and watford getting the automatic places.

WBA's goal difference is worth another point. Nobody else comes close.
  • WBA are capable of putting a few results together too! - They play quality football - Solid team! (Boo!!!)
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd choose the FA Cup. I've always said that this is the most important thing even if my brothers think I'm mad.

I don't think it's a problem for West Brom though. I think that they will go up automatically regardless of what they do in the cup.
  • Its got to be the cup. That's an achievement that will stay on their honours record forever more. A promotion will only only really be remembered by the diehard fans, especially in a few years after successive relegations and promotions.
  • Depends on how their board view their money situation, surely?

If they fail to get promotion, their parachute money is used up before the start of next season and they could easily be financially forced into a player clearout like Palace & Ipswich in recent years.

Ideally for them, they'll be hoping for a famous Double of promotion & FA Cup win.
    Let's play our part today in stopping them doing that !
  • Getting to the FA Cup Final and Europe next year will offset the parachute money they'll lose out on. They have a few injuries and suspensions kicking in that won't help, hopefully their minds will be elsewhere this afternoon.
  • My question

Small turnout Bank Hol pushing for promotion thought you would have sold out the away end EASY
  • i wonder how many we would have taken if we were at theirs and in the same position
  • probably something to do with being on tv on a bank holiday and saving for their wembley tickets (lucky sods) had a lot to do with the turn out.
  • I reckon a few more maybe not many more BUT we never really do compared to a lot of other teams so unfair to compare us with them
    I mean the lower had huge holes in it
  • plus our away support is shite.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]plus our away support is shite.[/quote]

Yes thats why you cant compare as we are not normal LOL