Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC gets Formula One from 2009

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7306123.stm

Great news i think.

Cue all the "boring sport" posts.

Traction control being removed - big thumbs up for this season.

Comments

• Let's hope Brundle makes the switch over as well.
  • about bloody time - i haven't watched a formula 1 race for years purely because it pisses me off all the adverts.
  • Can't wait for the night race this year - think that'll be awesome!
  • Plus the BBC are after the two Champions league games from the ITV
  • Champions League?

You're having a laugh.
  • "F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone said he was "delighted", adding: "The BBC has some innovative ideas to consolidate and expand our UK fan base.""

In other words, the BBC are paying more for the rights than ITV
  • It would be awesome if they use their interactive service so you can see different parts of race/stats etc.
  • I managed to wake up at 4am on Sunday to watch the Melbourne GP live - and was very glad I did! No traction control will really sort the men from the boys this season - you show 'em, Lewis!
  • edited March 2008
  • Think F1 finally turned the corner for the better last season, an exciting championship culminating in a thrilling end of season three way showdown just a shame them Ferrari Cheats won it. Switching to BBC is brill and as Bigredevil says hope Brundle makes the switch he is the star of the itv show. Glad we have a post up about something decent for a change rather than pants ketman or egg chasing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't wait for Wimbledon to start :-)
  • Absolutely made up by this, when watching on sunday arvo (fell asleep trying to stay awake for it live!) with me lil bro (f1 nut he is!) we had a hour long convo about how stupid it is to put ads on during the race. Imagine having ads during the first 20 mins of a footie match!! knobs!!

Excellent news good one bbc.
  • I'd rather watch snooker......;-)

Seriously I watch Touring Cars and Rally, but have never been gripped by F1
  • How is it Sport?

It's driving a car round and round a figure of 8.

It's shit too.
  • Good news, however if you want proper motorsport, Moto GP is far better and a greater skill level too. James Toseland had a great first race at the night race in Qatar. Also World Superbikes is worth a look!!
  • moto gp rocks i make you right bibble, toseland did indeed do very well, when he gets that new engine managment system he will be a contender for sure.

f1 rocks also