Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fabio Capello and England Captain

For Mr Capello to truly get the respect of most fans he has to bomb that **** John Terry from being the England Captain. He is an utter disgrace on the football field the way he acts agaisnt referees etc

Sir Bobby Moore would be turning in his grave.

Stevie G for me

Comments

• i think he will you know ledge, apparently its between him and rio as capello likes a centre half as captain. I reckon giraffe mouth rio will get it.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]iI reckon giraffe mouth rio will get it.

By jove you've got it.

For years i've always thought that Ferdinand looked like someone or something but for the life of me i couldn't think what?who.

Cheers.
  • no worries, i am here to help!!

he is very giraffy isnt he!! lol
  • f.a. just said that he's staying on
  • Good decision.
  • hope he kicks out terry on the basis of being a total lemon, melon and pineapple.....
  • He promises "new players to bring new energy"
  • http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2010/FabioCapello_0207

Wonder just how much he'll change things around?
  • who can he bring in......

I just dont rate us at all really.....

dont think we are up to much to be honest...
  • to be honest it is the best thing we could have hoped for, he has seen face to face the shits that he took to the world cup, in qualification he only sees the players for a couple of days maybe 5 at a time and the tossers obviously hid their true colours, now he knows who he can take into battle

i reckon we could see wholesale changes to the squad
  • Sponsored links:

• well do you think this stuff about Gerard and Terry and so on will actually turn out to be true, I mean if it is the NOTW will splash it eventually

so many unanswered questions right now

Fabio must have a v thick skin.
  • Whatever happens I hope John Terry never plays for England again.
  • Sacking the Manager would have been disastrous, sacking some of the players from the international setup now we are talking. Step forward Fat Frank season leading up to Germany World Cup scored over 20 goals for Chelsea, at World cup had most shots by one player in Tournament (17) none on target. This world cup scored over 20 goals for chelsea pre tournament, his effort this year was 196 completed passes at this world cup of which 29 were to a forward truly world class for an attacking midfielder. If he never plays for England again it will be too soon.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He promises "new players to bring new energy"

Just like when he took over he promised to pick players that were in form, so when he picked his team he left out Dawson and didn't even take Parker, Adam Johnson and Darren Bent.
  • Pleased if Capello is staying, for me I cannot see anyone else coming in and doing better. Capello made mistakes but will leanr from them and if he can get out some of the deadwood and trouble makers then I think we can be positive about the national side again.

Players out: James- too old, Green- not good enough, Glen Johnson- can't defend, Terry-scum, Ferdinand-injury prone, Upson- shit, Lampard-getting on, Barry- too slow, Heskey- say no more.

Players in: Hart as number 1, Foster if playing regularly as back up.

Defence: if Micah Richards can get himself in shape and back to form of 2 seasons ago he still has plenty to offer. RB is a worry though, if Glen Johnson is the best we have, it is not good news.
    Hope to see Dawson given a chance, King is one of the best around when fit. Gary Cahill may also be in with a shout.

Midfield: Jack Wilshire and Adam Johnson are exceptionally talented, hopefully by 2012 they wil be ready. Parker still has plenty to offer aswell especially in the holding role.

Strikers: if Agbonlahor can be more consistent, he has a chance. Who knows- Darren Bent may get a chance in qualifying. Andy Carroll looked very good for Newcastle last season, however he does look like he is from the John Terry mould of twats.

Sure there will be others, Theo Walcott has been an enigma but again if he can stay fit and get some consistency then another fine talent.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He promises "new players to bring new energy"

Just like when he took over he promised to pick players that were in form, so when he picked his team he left out Dawson and didn't even take Parker, Adam Johnson and Darren Bent.

So true.
  • Well hopefully he has learned from those mistakes. Good decision.
  • [cite]Posted By: fatkit[/cite]well do you think this stuff about Gerard and Terry and so on will actually turn out to be true, I mean if it is the NOTW will splash it eventually

I know this is a sore subject on here but just to clear things up, The Sun have come out today and said its all bollox.
  • says one thing does another, means he lets the press pick his team much like his predecessors, and for how many years have we had the lampard vs gerrard dillemma don't these guys do their history, so never worth the 6 million a year in the first place - get rid in my view
  • No England manager is going to leave out English footballs top goalscoring midfielder who plays for the English champions.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: fatkit[/cite]well do you think this stuff about Gerard and Terry and so on will actually turn out to be true, I mean if it is the NOTW will splash it eventually

I know this is a sore subject on here but just to clear things up, The Sun have come out today and said its all bollox.

Wasn't it them who published the story in the first place?
  • edited July 2010
    dont talk about it we have been asked nicely
  • The two birmingham centre halves were class last year, are they both english?

I think he's got to be bold in his selection, no players over 27 in the squad (so that the oldest player in the squad will be no more than 31 at the next world cup). Also, and I'm not sure why this isn't more obvious to managers, you're better off picking players from the lesser teams than the big 4/5. This is because (as Lampard shows) you get a distorted view of a players ability when they're playing with world class players surrounding them. Also the players from lessers clubs will be more used to playing against the leading players, and without the support of other leading players.

From my example above, Birmingham had a fantastic defence last year, with a back 5 of Hart, Carr, Dann, Johnson and Ridgewell. Apart from Carr they are all English, apart from car they are all between 23 and 26.

Also, players like Terry get away with murder because of who they are and who they play for, then when they try the same tricks internationally they get penalised (how many free kicks did Terry give away for climbing over attackers?). This could be seen in the past with Shearer, got away with elbowing who he liked in the prem, in the UEFA cup it was a free kick everytime and newcastle never got very far.
  • pretty sure Johnson and Ridgewell are English. Think Ridgwell is from Kent... How do we miss him?
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]pretty sure Johnson and Ridgewell are English. Think Ridgwell is from Kent... How do we miss him?

Im guessing you mean how did we miss him?...he went bexleyheath school, my year. Got snapped up by West Ham when about 12. His dad was in with the west ham lot.
  • glad cappello stays,hopefully those letdowns never play again