Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronaldo

24 league goals in 24 games, 33 goals in all this season so far.

From midfield !

In my opinion, the best premiership player there has been, and arguably the best overseas player to grace England.

Comments

• Do we really want to get promoted? Man U 2 Bolton 0 after 25 mins and they are playing their reserve team. And Bolton look ok!!!

Back to topic. How does he get that trajectory on those free kicks.
  • Good player, but not in the class of Zola, Bergkamp or Cantona.

If you are including keepers in your claim that he's the best foreign import in the Premier League then I'd take Schmeichel and Cech as being more valuable to their respective teams than Ronaldo is.

Shearer, Tony Adams, Stuart Pearce as well if you wanna include englishmen.
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Good player, but not in the class of Zola, Bergkamp or Cantona.

If you are including keepers in your claim that he's the best foreign import in the Premier League then I'd take Schmeichel and Cech as being more valuable to their respective teams than Ronaldo is.

Shearer, Tony Adams, Stuart Pearce as well if you wanna include englishmen.

Time will tell but spot on with Bergkamp, Zola and Cantona- i suspect if he doesn't move on then in 10 years time he'll be in that group of all-time premiership players, alongside Schmeichel and Alan Shearer.............
  • I thought this all rung a bell....

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=8579
  • yeah,but who's the best in the chumpionship?
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]yeah,but who's the best in the chumpionship?

Super Kevin Lisbie
  • ronaldo is class simple as that -
  • Zola and Bergkamp come close but one was at the end of his career, the other came after flopping in Italy, Cantona is massively overrated and never did it in Europe, but Ronaldo is something very special, the bloke has everything in his game, and can still get better.
  • Wish he wouldnt dive though.

Credit for winning over the english fans after that episode with Portugal. Cant believe other nations fans would so easily have moved on.
  • best player in the prem by far!
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't we try to sign him long before he went to man yoo?
  • The bloke is right up there.

Hated him after the Rooney incident but fair play to the fella has showed a fantastic attitude since, and is still a very young lad.

I can't believe Henry has not been mentioned above, as for me the bloke was absolutely sensational. Ronaldo thus far, has been equally so. A brilliant brilliant footballer.
  • The best premiership player there has been, and arguably the best overseas player to grace England?

I'd say it's a toss up between Marco Boogers & Ali Dia
  • I think he has been the best this and last season especially to overcome winkergate and so many neutrals in England who wanted to kill him after the rooney incident including Rooney.

Ronaldo has also said good bye to those Gold boots and reverted back to the red ones which he scores consistantly in.

Ban the gold Boot
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Didn't we try to sign him long before he went to man yoo?

Another one Curbs let go, I blame him, and Andrew Mills :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Good player, but not in the class of Zola, Bergkamp or Cantona.

Shearer, Tony Adams, Stuart Pearce as well if you wanna include englishmen.[/quote]

I'm afraid as much as i love Pearce and Adams they are not in the same league as this young man he is one of the greats already at this age. i just hope the premiership has him for many more years.
  • Whilst Ronaldo is sheer Quality, Henry is the best premier League player I have ever seen live. Ronaldo still spends half his time on his backside, no-one ever used to get Henry because he was too quick & skillful.
  • The thing I like about Ronaldo is that he's cut a lot of the diving out since he first arrived, but he's also pretty hard now, can take a whack or 20 in a game and still ruin the full backs, that is quality.

Plus he scores all types of goals, one of the best attacking headers of the ball about, fantastic free kicks, right down to tap ins.

Henry was great, Ronaldo is that bit more special
  • Great footballer, but I still think he's an ar*e. How many times is he going over and complaining to the ref that he should be given a freekick, for genuine, good, fair tackles? Really winds me up.
  • No match for our Kish, though :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if we could get him on loan for the rest of the season
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Wonder if we could get him on loan for the rest of the season
    We don't need another winger...
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I thought this all rung a bell....

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=8579

How the hell did you dig that one up?
  • Its from the "very underused search function" cs87.

Zzzzzz.

;-)
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]No match for our Kish, though :-)

Or Graham Stuart who just gave up trying to tackle him and booted him up in the air in front of the covered end!

And seeing as we're 'YouTubing' this morning....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTnu0IdnZro&mode=related&search=
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]No match for our Kish, though :-)

Kish had him in his pocket all day long ;-)

He's the best player in the world at the moment for me... still hate the scumbucket though.