Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

that old bugbear about overcrowding on

the upper west concourse at half time...it seemed even worse last night with everybody either trying to go to the toilet or the 'catering' outlet, standing around talking and drinking, queueing (that's the game of pretending to be a statue to those who haven't been in the UW) to be served...surely in today's nanny state there are regulations that say that shouldn't be allowed...

Comments

• If there is a regulation, then SE trains are clearly unaware of it.....
  • there's a big difference between crushed in a tin can on wheels and the uw concourse which is open to the elements with only a 3ft(?) high railing...if nothing else ever, gawd forbid, goes over the top, surely its only a matter of time before somebody down below gets crowned with an article knocked from the concourse where fans are trying to push their way through...

and on a variation on the them, why aren't the stewards moving people standing around drinking blocking the top of the stairs before the game when fans are trying to come in ?
  • The FLA are more interesed in telling us its unsafe for fans to stand up in front of their seats than what goes on behind the scenes.
  • The FLA are scum, lets just cut to the chase
  • You tell em Rothk, scum, they are!
  • Couldn't agree more rothko.

Still, developements are being made in getting standing permitted areas back in football grounds.

http://s12.invisionfree.com/StandUpSitDown/index.php?showtopic=146
  • I like where SUSD are coming from, but I wish they would go the step further, and push for the German safe standing model
  • I dont think they ahave a prayer with the German model, as the mentallity over here is booze booze booze and they somehow connect standing in terraces with Hooliganism!