Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well Done Rangers

Only British team left in the UEFA Cup

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    Did you see the team Bolton played - it was a reserve team.

Shows how important to be in the Premiership obviously is.

And how crap the UEFA cup has become in a lot of people's eyes - including mine.

Well done Rangers though.
  • The Carling cup of Europe
  • Its one of my outstanding things re CAFC to see us play a "proper" game in Europe. How sick would it be if we ever got there but we play a reserve team in the game as we would be worried about our status in the Prem ?

I dont think we will ever get to Europe, but i did say that about :

wining at Old trafford
    beating the Gooners
    playing at wembley
    winning at wembley
    seeing a charlton player in an England shirt

So i guess its never say never.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    too true GH - we can't count the AI cup but in the future who knows.
  • Think I may try and make the next one.
  • Well done to Rangers, the only Scottish club still in Europe!. Shame that they are playing in this competition due to failing in the champions league, that's the main reason for the club being so devalued in my opinion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Its one of my outstanding things re CAFC to see us play a "proper" game in Europe.

Definitely one of mine too GH

As for Rangers - was a nailbiter watching them squeeze through, if only they had taken that easy chance just after Bremen's goal. Couldn't believe McGregor pushing that sitter onto the bar. Brilliant stuff - that was a team busting their guts for something and chasing every single ball.
  • It was a real "backs to the wall" job....
  • We came so close to going into Europe when we were entered into that Fair Play thing a few years Back. Needles to say we didn't get picked out of the hat, but imagine that Charlton in Europe Ooh Ahh could have really gone to town on our away support then!
  • would have taken thousands anywhere in my opinion Ketman - once in a lifetime stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• sad about Gretna though. They look doomed £30,000 today or its good bye.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]too true GH - we can't count the AI cup but in the future who knows.

Was that the one in Spain?
    (To quote Shaun Newton...)
  • sad to see any club disappear
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]sad about Gretna though. They look doomed £30,000 today or its good bye.

Rangers will somehow manage to come in and save them at the last minute - they will have realised by now that Celtic go top of the SPL when the Gretna results are stripped out.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    WA - how interesting...

What a cack way of winning the league though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]sad about Gretna though. They look doomed £30,000 today or its good bye.

Rangers will somehow manage to come in and save them at the last minute - they will have realised by now that Celtic go top of the SPL when the Gretna results are stripped out.

True but Rangers would have 2 games in hand..
  • Celtic would be top on goal difference with Rangers having TWO games in hand if Gretna were to be removed so it would almost be the same as it is now (3 point lead -one game in hand)
  • [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]sad about Gretna though. They look doomed £30,000 today or its good bye.

But
    a) The games in hand are not v teams as useless as Gretna
    b) They don't have any dates left to play them anyway!
    c) They still have to play Celtic three times - twice at Parkhead

(I'm neutral on this one by the way - just quoting facts!)
  • If that twat lampard (or one ofthe "i ams" forked out less 1/2 of one weeks wages Gretna could be saved !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]

But
    a) The games in hand are not v teams as useless as Gretna
    b) They don't have any dates left to play them anyway!
    c) They still have to play Celtic three times - twice at Parkhead

(I'm neutral on this one by the way - just quoting facts!)

You are correct but as David Murray is a tight bugger, no chance the money will come from Rangers...;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]If that twat lampard (or one ofthe "i ams" forked out less 1/2 of one weeks wages Gretna could be saved !!

I have no preference either way but as an outsider my opinion is it's obviously sad to see a club go under but they're going under for a reason. And that reason is they've had a rich benefactor who can no longer supply them the cash. So they're a loss making club thats been badly run. Like Leeds were. And like Chelsea would be in Abramovich left. Would you be sorry if Chelsea went under?
    Why should Lampard, another player, or anyone else bail them out? Surely it will be a lesson to other clubs of what can happen and will mean a place in the SPL can be taken by a well run club doing things the right way.
  • It's quite sad that the owner's family seem to have no inclination to bail them out - despite it bing their father's passion. Probably got all sorts of reasons!
  • is Mileson broke now as well as ill?

i just can't understand why regardless of his condition he hasn't got the funds even to just keep them above water?
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]is Mileson broke now as well as ill?

i just can't understand why regardless of his condition he hasn't got the funds even to just keep them above water?

He must be too ill to authorise it, and his family won't.