Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will the new Mark Kinsella please step forward

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
If you look at our team back in the late 90's when we got promoted and compare it with our team now, it is no suprise we are not looking like promotion material. Our team was abundant with good players with massive hearts and engines. Mr. Kinsella was and still is a true legend. To think we had the likes of Rufus, Brown, Robbo, Super Clive, Andy Hunt, Stuart, I can go on and on and on. Our current team needs characters and a real leader with gritt to get us out of this league. We certainly have a squad with the talent but is that enough? We need a Mark Kinsella to lead us again to glory. I hope he is somewhere in our squad.

Comments

• Options
    he cant play but he is of course there! promote him to number two and if alan "whats my best 11" pardew wont have that then make him number 1
  • Options
    I prefered Brendon o'Connell myself ;-)
  • Options
    please pete thats very naughty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]If you look at our team back in the late 90's when we got promoted and compare it with our team now, it is no suprise we are not looking like promotion material. Our team was abundant with good players with massive hearts and engines. Mr. Kinsella was and still is a true legend. To think we had the likes of Rufus, Brown, Robbo, Super Clive, Andy Hunt, Stuart, I can go on and on and on. Our current team needs characters and a real leader with gritt to get us out of this league. We certainly have a squad with the talent but is that enough? We need a Mark Kinsella to lead us again to glory. I hope he is somewhere in our squad.

Absolutely spot on.

One point though, these were mature experienced players at this level and higher.
    Graham Stuart already had won an FA Cup winners medal with Everton!
  • Options
    i think we all knew who our best team was at the time.
  • Options
    Who's your Paddy?