Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace fans jailed for up to 40 months

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
for that train attack.

Just heard on talksport

Comments

• Options
    Good.
  • Options
    Hope they drop the soap on a regular basis....
  • Options
    SCUM!
  • Options
    One of them was 44 years old, I bet his kids must be really proud!!

16 year olds I could understand but 44. FFS!!
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Must say that's quite refreshing to hear that the law has actually done the right thing! I echo SE10Addicks heartfelt wishes for them :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Must say that's quite refreshing to hear that the law has actually done the right thing! I echo SE10Addicks heartfelt wishes for them :o)

"There's a couple of big old bull queers that just can't wait to make their acquaintance"

(copyright Stephen King, Shawshank Redemption)
  • Options
    these are the people who hit a 24 yr old with hes dad right? dont want to upset you all but within 5 months there be in a d cat like stanford hill,sick i no but true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]these are the people who hit a 24 yr old with hes dad right? dont want to upset you all but within 5 months there be in a d cat like stanford hill,sick i no but true.

I used to like your posts nolly :o(
  • Options
    just saw the link,hitting two sons with there dad,there in black and white,going to prison for hitting innocents
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]just saw the link,hitting two sons with there dad,there in black and white,going to prison for hitting innocents

Redeemed Yourself!
  • Options
    mate two men having a row is one thing,setting upon people on there way to football is sick,a dad and hes two sons,i just hope they still get down the valley.
  • Options
    Well i hope they rot and get their just deserts in prison. Once scum always scum.
  • Options
    can only think the judge has done them a favour

a 10 year ban from watching Palar5e................................
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    From the BBC

Train riot football thugs jailed
    Football hooligans who attacked rival fans on a train packed with passengers have been jailed.

Crystal Palace supporters punched, kicked and head-butted Charlton Athletic fans at Sydenham railway station in south London in September.

Parents, children and pensioners tried to escape the carefully co-ordinated "pincer movement", Southwark Crown Court heard.

The men, mostly from south London, were jailed for up to 40 months each.

They all pleaded guilty to violent disorder and also had football banning orders imposed on them.

'Sickening behaviour'

"This was sickening behaviour, thuggery, organised violence on a train on members of the public," said Judge Stephen Robbins.

"You give football a bad name, especially your team, Crystal Palace, by the disgusting behaviour displayed on this occasion," he said.

One witness said the group was going mad waiting for the doors to open
    Alan Kent, prosecuting

"One witness said the group was going mad waiting for the doors to open," said Alan Kent, prosecuting.

"As they did, a roar went up and they boarded the train in a pincer movement."

Among those cornered was a father and his two grown-up children who were repeatedly punched.

One of his sons was left with blood pouring down his face and was later taken to hospital with a suspected fractured nose.

In the dock were "principal aggressors" Dominic Goodridge, 32, from Caterham, Surrey (40 months) and student John de Bono, 21, from St Mary Cray, Kent, (30 months).

The others were:

* Leigh Bevis, 22, from Croydon, south London (30 months)

* Stephen Edwards, 40, from Clapham, south east London (24 months)

Tommy Patience, 19, from New Addington, Croydon (24 months)

Danny Lehane, 21, from South Norwood, south east London (30 months)

Harvey Neenan, 44, from Tulse Hill, south east London (40 months)

A16-year-old from Purley, Croydon, who cannot be named for legal reasons (two-year rehabilitation and punishment order and 150 hours' unpaid community work)

Also before the court is Nicholas McGinty, 24, from Lewisham, who will be sentenced later.
  • Options
    shocked how little press its got.
  • Options
    It doesn't happen any more nolly ;-)
  • Options
    So, I presume that the sh*t rag that goes under the name of the "Evening Standard" never ran a headline last night about "Notorious football hooligan gang jailed" or some bollox, with mug shots, etc.

Funny that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]So, I presume that the sh*t rag that goes under the name of the "Evening Standard" never ran a headline last night about "Notorious football hooligan gang jailed" or some bollox, with mug shots, etc.

Funny that.[/quote]

It won't because no Premier league teams involved. It's just little Charlton.
  • Options
    A judge by the name of Robbins and a prosecutor with the name Kent... the Palace 'fans' were fecked from the off really werent they!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am pretty sure I was sat next to the family of this guy, student John de Bono, 21. They were moaning loudly on the phone to some relative saying they had only expected 18months prison for them all. Their main issue was that he was studying and hope he would be able to suspend his studies for a year but now he has no chance. They also moaned about the judge.

I don't normally evesdrop but if someone is talking loudly on a mobile whilst sitting next to me then I can't help it.
  • Options
    Kigelia. Where were you sat next to them, not at the Valley I hope.

In the end he's had a right result, he'll have plenty of time to study now. HA HA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I am pretty sure I was sat next to the family of this guy, student John de Bono, 21. They were moaning loudly on the phone to some relative saying they had only expected 18months prison for them all. Their main issue was that he was studying and hope he would be able to suspend his studies for a year but now he has no chance. They also moaned about the judge.

I don't normally evesdrop but if someone is talking loudly on a mobile whilst sitting next to me then I can't help it.

where were you stitting? in the public galery? on a Train?
  • Options
    Hope they get a real pasting inside by "Real thugs"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I am pretty sure I was sat next to the family of this guy, student John de Bono, 21. They were moaning loudly on the phone to some relative saying they had only expected 18months prison for them all. Their main issue was that he was studying and hope he would be able to suspend his studies for a year but now he has no chance. They also moaned about the judge.

where were you stitting? in the public galery? on a Train?

on the train home yesterday, they got on at London Bridge, got off at some stop around eltham
  • Options
    Did that include the fella with the shooter? I doubt it, that f**ker must be looking at 6yr at least.

There are rules and this was just outrageous
  • Options
    I was talking to a cab driver the other day who was Leeds and he wouldn't have it that these blokes just got on a train and starting hitting pensioners and people with there kids, just kept saying that there a rules between clubs and that kind of thing just wouldn't happen. Just goes to show what utter scum these blokes are and I hope they get a good kicking everyday inside!
  • Options
    words fail me why lads would bother with people not interested in giving some back, surely that's the whole point - a shame they won't serve anything like their sentences
  • Options
    Thats the whole point they saw there was no "mob" on the train thats why they got on and gave it out to dads and mums and kids. if there was a "mob" on that train they would have gone very quickly into the mist like the cowards they are.

i hope it wandsworth and Brixton and Belmarsh not the Isle of Sheppy.
  • Options
    At least the "Maze Hill" mob had it with people who wanted it....

What they did was, as GH has said, very cowardly indeed...