Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston Match Sold Out??

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
Y is it our own site says its sold out, then lets you buy tickets???

I'm hopeing that as usual its just our site being gash, cos i best nt b turning up and not being able to pick up a ticket, esp since theyve taken the money out and gt reciept now

Comments

• Options
    Pardon?
  • Options
    accepted henry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]accepted henry.

LOL or should that be LMFAO. One is never sure about all this text speak that the Yoot indulge in.
  • Options
    innit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Y is it our own site says its sold out, then lets you buy tickets???

I'm hopeing that as usual its just our site being gash, cos i best nt b turning up and not being able to pick up a ticket, esp since theyve taken the money out and gt reciept now

Where does it say that they have sold out? All I found was this:

All ticket prices for Charlton's home fixture with Preston North End on Saturday, March 8th (3pm) have been cut by £5.

It means an adult seat for the Championship clash will cost just £15, while over 60s and U21s will pay £10 and U18s only £5.

Fans can read more details on the pricing policy for Preston here, and tickets are currently on general sale.

Seats are available to purchase in person from the Valley commercial centre, Valley Superstore or the club's retail outlet in Bexleyheath, online, via post, or by calling the hotline on 0871 226 1905.
  • Options
    sorry its not in perfect prose.

I'm of the text (SMS) and messenger (MSN) generation, so when I'm on a computor I do have a bad habit of typing in that manor!!!

Now basically, the official website states (in the buying ticket section); that home tickets are all sold out (north stand), however i ignored that and couldn't believe that it actually was sold out. It still let me put in credit information and credited said moneys from my account. I then also recieved an email that confirmed my ticket purchase.

Point being; I know that our website is gash at reporting news, but even when it comes to buying tickets aswell??

Now the majority of people would have seen the 'sold out' instead of 'Buy' option and not bothered. I am just hoping that I do not turn up tomorow only to be told that I do indeed not have a ticket and the website was indeed correct.

is that better for you??
  • Options
    There are plenty of tickets available for tomorrow's match, including in a segregated home area of the Jimmy Seed Stand for the first time this season.

I agree with you that the website sends mixed messages. The commercial centre has removed the link to online sales because it cannot handle late credit card sales for reasons that I won't bore you with. All this will be swept away with a new on-line system in the next week or so, but at present it is confusing and inadequate and I wouldn't defend it. But tickets will be on sale tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]sorry its not in perfect prose.

I'm of the text (SMS) and messenger (MSN) generation, so when I'm on a computor I do have a bad habit of typing in that manor!!!

Now basically, the official website states (in the buying ticket section); that home tickets are all sold out (north stand), however i ignored that and couldn't believe that it actually was sold out. It still let me put in credit information and credited said moneys from my account. I then also recieved an email that confirmed my ticket purchase.

Point being; I know that our website is gash at reporting news, but even when it comes to buying tickets aswell??

Now the majority of people would have seen the 'sold out' instead of 'Buy' option and not bothered. I am just hoping that I do not turn up tomorow only to be told that I do indeed not have a ticket and the website was indeed correct.

is that better for you??

Mate, you have just restored my faith in the text generation. I gave one of the apprentices a mild bollocking today fro sending me an email in txt spk. He got the nark but you have proved what I said to him. You can do it, and answer me in all honesty. Do you really find it easier to write like that?

Bear in mind I'm much younger than Henry and Nolly ;-)

26 I am but missed the computer and text boat at school etc!
  • Options
    sht up crter dis is mch ezr k?
  • Options
    fcuk me carts if you missed it,that makes me feel a lot worse.