Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo Shelvey

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
was some discussion a while ago that as he wasn't sixteen yet we hadn't got him tied to a contract. He was 16 a number of days ago now. Having been away have I missed his signing of a deal or are we still waiting ??

Comments

• Options
    Haven't you heard...West Ham have snapped him up. Bought his mum a house, evidently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Haven't you heard...West Ham have snapped him up. Bought his mum a house, evidently.

NO !!!! Missed that, can't see it on Club site either. Thought we would have learned from the Defoe saga.
  • Options
    Surely he cant sign a pro contract until he is 17.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Surely he cant sign a pro contract until he is 17.

hardly matters to us now as he's already done a bunk to the 'Ammers.
  • Options
    I think you missed a tongue in a cheek there, Large - I hope!
  • Options
    he was ball boy at the game on tuesday night....!
  • Options
    HeHeHe

Gotcha....Must be the jet lag, large
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]HeHeHe

Gotcha....Must be the jet lag, large

Do you really think I fell for that ?? I was just playing along with your attempt at a wind-up. Seriously though, has he signed yet ??
  • Options
    jonjo started his career at the hammers before being kicked out at the age of 13. When i was at the youth cup game against sheff utd i was surrounded by parents and they were all talkin about how they cant believe west jham kicked him out and they didn't reckon it would be long before they came knocking again.

All the parents were raving about west ham and were talking about the west ham game on the saturday, did my head in and had to moce for the second half
  • Options
    it is well known he is a hammers fan i am sure that the min we are allowed to get him on a contact that we will.

he cant go for free as he is with us at the moment so the same rules will apply as did for Defoe

lets hope he does sign on though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Jonjo had been with us for ages, you sure about this ?
  • Options
    I noticed his Dads rather large Range Rover with personalised number plate in the Car Park for the Sunderland game.
  • Options
    well thats what the parents were saying behind me
  • Options
    i was not aware that he was with them previously

Henners can you throw any light on that one
  • Options
    He has signed a trainee and pro contract combined -
  • Options
    Good...i've only seen him play once and that was last saturday at the training ground v Fulham.He's a handful,likes be involved in everything and if he progresses at the rate he has been doing he'll be a cracking player for us.
  • Options
    Jonjo definitely at Charlton. Playing against Arsenal tomorrow. Car belongs to another Shelvey family member not his dad. By the way he left West Ham of his own free will.
  • Options
    Welcome CharltonGirl. Do you know Jonjo personally?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Little/Big! Chris Solly is known by a few of the younger lads that used to play for Huntsman and Cliffewoods with me according to a few of them young lads (of whom a few were down the boozer with me tonight that made me feel very old!) he is well up for signing for us and cracking on with a pro career with us. Take that with the pinch it deserves though but it pleased me.

By the way I remember playing five a side with a family member of Solly's about 3 years ago and that particular family member was mustard, if our Solly is better than him he will go a very, very long way assuming his head stays right.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Welcome CharltonGirl. Do you know Jonjo personally?

i work with someone who is mates with shelvey's dad and he told me that shelvey had already signed a trainee contract with pro contract at and that him and his family love it at the club. the person i know is not a bull shitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    one of my good mates in school plays alongside jonjo shelvey, if you come across the name Tamer Tuna hes an u16/18 striker aswell.
  • Options
    Tamer Tuna? You are shitting me right?? ;-)

I hope he makes it in the game purely for a name like that, legend in the making.

Think of the chants

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeshh

TT, theres only one TT etc

Tooooooonaaa Tooooooooooooooonnnnnaaa.

Before anyone has a dig at me I have to live with the surname Dickinson so any piss-take opportunity is taken!
  • Options
    haha hes a well nice boy, turkish origin i believe, hes quality aswell, and i cant wait till he plays purley for the chants :D
  • Options
    If he smashes a few Purley players he displays good signs of becomming a CAFC ledge!
  • Options
    oi Dicko ( now i know which one of you bumpkins is dicko) I am the only CAFC Ledge LOL
  • Options
    Bumpkin!!! I've not been called that for years ledge, I'm happy for you to be the only ledge but as long as I remain the only Dicko ;-)
  • Options
    you are the only dicko dicko, dont worry bout that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Bumpkin!!! I've not been called that for years ledge, I'm happy for you to be the only ledge but as long as I remain the only Dicko ;-)

haha fair enough mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]it is well known he is a hammers fan i am sure that the min we are allowed to get him on a contact that we will.

he cant go for free as he is with us at the moment so the same rules will apply as did for Defoe

lets hope he does sign on though

Those rules (about compensation for signing youth players) didn't exist when WHam nabbed Defoe, we had to take them to tribunal to get any fee at all and even then it was a pittance.