Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Too many players?

It's ages since I posted on here. Like for the other exiled Adiicks, we have little coverage of the Championship. I used to downoad the ITV programme but CAFC's indifferent form has really put me off watching! So, basically I have had little to say.

From reading various comments, reports etc. it does seem to me that Pardew has been spoilt for choice in the number of players he has had to pick from and I reckon that this inability to know his first team, as well as what formation to play for which game, unfortunately, must be one of the major factors in the disappointing season.

During a few idle moments today, I thought that it would be possible to pick three teams that could hold their own in this division form the squad that we have at our disposal, and based on a 4-4-2 formation and a bit of licence with injured and loaned out players, it's true.

Weaver

Moutaouakil
Bougherra
McCarthy
Thatcher

Ambrose
Cook
Holland
Zheng Zhi

Gray
Iwelumo

Eliot

Sankofa
Monteiro
Gibbs
Youga

Semedo
Christensen
D. Sinclair
S. Sinclair

Lita
Varney

Randolph

Halford
Sodje
Fortune
Basey

Sam
J. Thomas
Racon
Arter

Dickson
McLeod

I have not even considered long term injured Todorov, and season loanees Bent and Faye. No room for Powell either. Also nearly all of these players have made a first team appearance so it's not full of young pros making up the numbers.

Competition for places is good but how many other teams in this division could provide three teams of this calibre?

Comments

• Its a good post BK

I think the key phrase is 'hold their own in this division'. Wouldnt disagree with that but the key is picking an 11 that can get promotion. Apparently Pardews style is to trade heavily in players.
  • could be pardew problem he has this huge pool of players but i don't think I'd knows his best formation /starting eleven
  • It doesnt matter they are all on minium wage.
  • Good post mate....I think Pards is spoilt for choice, yet does stay with favourites for some odd reason...it needs a bloody good shake up.
  • Too many players.... Oh for this problem now !
  • Lol and we still got relegated 12 months later.

Just goes to show that you can have as many or as little players as you want, but if they're not good enough you'll go nowhere fast.
  • Too many players.... Oh for this problem now !

this ((:>)
  • From that lot:

Randolph

Bougherra
    McCarthy
    Zheng Zhi
    Youga

Ambrose
    Arter
    Holland
    J. Thomas

S. Sinclair
    Iwelumo

Seven of that team played at full international level with the other four all representing their country at U19 level.