Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Keegan OBE

Out Before Easter ?

Comments

• Options
    lol guinness
  • Options
    In before Easter..... In the madhouse when the men it white coats come and take him away for going wibble!
  • Options
    The saviour to take them down?
  • Options
    Good chance they will go down too.....its kinda funny in a way, next best thing would be to see Liverpool get relagated, but of course thats highly unlikely to ever happen.
  • Options
    Happy birthday, Kevin.  Here's your greatest sporting achievement... 

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Happy birthday, Kevin.  Here's your greatest sporting achievement... 

always a right battler (as well as a pretty useless manager) .. many happy Valentines Kevin
  • Options
    One of my first heroes along with James Hunt and Derek Hales. Was over then moon when I managed to get him to sign my programme when he played for Newcastle against us (his last game in London).
  • Options
    I used to love Superstars. But if they had it today it would be shit. Maybe it was shit then but I watched it with young eyes!
  • Options
    He was a great player and wasn’t a useless manager. Happy birthday Kevin. 
  • Options
    I used to love Superstars. But if they had it today it would be shit. Maybe it was shit then but I watched it with young eyes!
    It was good then because the top stars like Keegan competed. These days they're too valuable 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was one of whose players who talent wise probably wasn't absolute  top drawer but worked incredibly hard to make the best of what he had. It's unfortunate most of his best years coincided with the England team being at best "functional". 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    He was a great player and wasn’t a useless manager. Happy birthday Kevin. 
    Tend to agree but he did finish as a runner up to Man U after Ferguson got in his head after being a mile in front and playing some really entertaining football. There have been many worse who didn’t do as well.  Also when he jacked the England job after losing to Germany he was man enough to admit he wasn’t up to the job. Not many managers ever do that, though I wished they did, especially at our club. 
    Fantastic player, one of my favourites from my youth. 
  • Options
    Met him when I was working out in Brunei.
    He brought his (top of the table I think) Newcastle side over, to play our hopeless little hospital team.
    I didn't make the team unfortunately, but I met him at the dinner after.
    Had a nice chat, told him I wasn't happy that he nicked Robert Lee, but thanked him for giving us big fat Pete (Garland). Nice unpretentious guy. Great player as well, can't believe he's 72 !

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Todays players doing superstars, do me a favour.
    In my opinion, todays players (on the whole) are far from superstars.

• Options
    R0TW said:
    Todays players doing superstars, do me a favour.
    In my opinion, todays players (on the whole) are far from superstars.

They're not fit to clean his boots IMHO.