Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

tapas

anyone know where you can get take away tapas? (apart from the overpriced one in the greenwich picturehouse)

its for the sidcup area, but can pick up locally? if not, any other suggestions for original take away ideas that isn't pizza, chinese or indian?

thanks!

Comments

• Give the guys at the Charlton tapas place a call, and they'll do it, if it's not to much of a journey to pick it up
  • If its not too far (youre still in Lee arent you?) try El Pirata in Blackheath and there is a great Thai in Lee Green (forgotten the name though)
  • How about Mexican! Or greek from accropolis in new eltham!

Or the little tapas place on Cha Church lane! Or try the mongolian place opposite swallow hotel in Bex e heath
  • swallow hotel - Great name for a hotel!!!
  • there is a tapas at the Oval that is getting a very good rep. Don't know if they do take away but can't see any reason why not.
  • why dont you ring the tapas restaurant in sidcup and ask them? they might make up a takeaway for you.
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]If its not too far (youre still in Lee arent you?) try El Pirata in Blackheath and there is a great Thai in Lee Green (forgotten the name though)

yes, in lee, but going over parents tomorrow evening.

the thai is ratchada. which do do takeaway.

I just wanna know if any of these restaurants you mention actually do take away and that anyone's had take away from there???
  • edited November 2006
    Ive had takeaway from EL Pirata but if youre going to Sidcup it may be too far.

Tried making your own? I was bought an M&S Tapas book for Xmas last year and its a piece of piss and far more impressive
  • Does fish and chips with mushy peas count as tapas?
  • the idea is to have something quick and not have to wash up much stuff.

i make my own tapas all the time! don't cook anything from a packet, everything i cook is from basic ingredients.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Does fish and chips with mushy peas count as tapas?

if you put em in a fancy dish with a bit of oil and served on a tiny plate then i dont see why not....
  • Much nicer mate! Packet stuff is horrible... full of chemicals like colouring made from crushed beetle wings.. Hmmm nice!
  • "Mushy Peas al Pil Pil"
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]the idea is to have something quick and not have to wash up much stuff.

How about a cheese and ham roll
  • you say that but i wanted somethign quick and easy wednesday night after tuesday and i bought Marks paella which was lovely, piri piri prawns, garlic mushrooms and it took 5 mins and was very tasty, fixed my garlic craving i was having.
  • nooo then you'd invite yourself over to complain!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]you say that but i wanted somethign quick and easy wednesday night after tuesday and i bought Marks paella which was lovely, piri piri prawns, garlic mushrooms and it took 5 mins and was very tasty, fixed my garlic craving i was having.

last night got in at 9.30ish and did salmon stir fry with sweet chilli sauce. sat down eating by 9.45. lush.
  • Dunno how anyone can eat that late! I have heartburn madness if i eat later than 9!
  • Stop talking about Food you lot, making me Hungry. I went out for a Mexican with my Old Dear last night Chiquito's in Cuxton Valley & it was lush.
  • What did you have ketman man, for heat as?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]last night got in at 9.30ish and did salmon stir fry with sweet chilli sauce. sat down eating by 9.45. lush.

How did you make a sweet chilli sauce that quick?
  • Chilli Beef Chimichanga with Rice, Refried Beans, & Extra Salsa, Guacamole & Sour Cream Dips.
  • Is there anywhere in Greenwich that does a good Margarita cocktail?
  • Nice work geezer. Chimichanga is always what i order first (just so i could say that amazing word) then change my mind and get four heater's.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Is there anywhere in Greenwich that does a good Margarita cocktail?

Chimichanga! Oh sorry i mean prob cafe sol!

Incidentally thats where my works xmas do is! (cafe sol that is!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Is there anywhere in Greenwich that does a good Margarita cocktail?

i think the rivington does proper cocktails, tho i havent tried.
    dont eat there tho - just have a drink at the bar.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

last night got in at 9.30ish and did salmon stir fry with sweet chilli sauce. sat down eating by 9.45. lush.

i just mentioned it cos it ws almost like a tapas but very quick an no mess.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Is there anywhere in Greenwich that does a good Margarita cocktail?

i think the rivington does proper cocktails, tho i havent tried.
    dont eat there tho - just have a drink at the bar.

Whats up with eating in there B , no good ?
  • edited November 2006
    I think we might have just chosen badly. starters were great but we chose the whole chicken as main course. hardly anything of it and when we ordered side orders she said the veg it came with would be enough. i think it was 4 halves of a new potato each - and the stuffing had kidney in it which i detest but said on menu it was sage and onion. so the meal itself was disappointing.

and for what we paid we came out still hungry.
  • Cafe Sol is shit