Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I have seen Cory Gibbs play

Just got back from the reserve game and I can confirm CORY GIBBS PLAYED 90MINS and looked quite good.

Not very exciting game and to be fair we should have won a lot easier with the team we had out. Rob Elliott had a good game in goal, none of the other regulars really stood out. Dorian (unfortunate name) Smith had a decent game and Jensen did really well when he came on, scored two and hit the post. Unfortunately I thought Racon did not play that well.

All in all a job done against quite a young Southampton team.

Interestingly Pardew was watching and Chris Powell seemed to be doing most of the coaching on the side line.

Comments

• That's amazing news, Southampton. Thank you.
  • 90 mins and not one offer on my odds for 90 mins phew a lucky man indeed i am

ps what does he look like
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]90 mins and not one offer on my odds for 90 mins phew a lucky man indeed i am

He's tall and black and speaks with an American accent and as said above had quite a good game.
  • edited February 2008
    Like the Ready Brek advert man, NLA......

Ssssshhhhh, it wasn't really Glory Cory, just a cardboard cutout :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]90 mins and not one offer on my odds for 90 mins phew a lucky man indeed i am

He's tall and black and speaks with an American accent and as said above had quite a good game.

Barack Obama loan deal. Kept that quiet.
  • that would explain lasting a full 90 then

lets hope he can play first team soon does he play fullback or centre half
  • Played at CB tonight but I have heard that he can also play LB.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]90 mins and not one offer on my odds for 90 mins phew a lucky man indeed i am

Barack Obama loan deal. Kept that quiet.

LOL
    But can't possibly be him - he's Wet Sham apparently ;-)
  • good an experienced c half nearly fully fit and with a point to prove o think we are all agreed that we have been poor in that area for ages he came with real pedigree so lets play him
  • I have just realised something which I think means players read this board.

Thatch put a cross in for Iwelumo (which he missed) and Thatch shouted unlucky BIG DAVE.

Classic.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]I have just realised something which I think means players read this board.

Thatch put a cross in for Iwelumo (which he missed) and Thatch shouted unlucky BIG DAVE.

Classic.

Can you explain, please, SA? I must have missed that.
  • The infamous Gibbs played left back against Welling....he's a big bloke and from what I remember he looked very composed on the ball
  • I may have got the wrong board (it may have been cafcbabes) but when Iwelumo signed for some reason he was called big Dave. Don't ask me why he just was and it made me laugh when Thatch shouted it out tonight.
  • from the advert when the fella had the giant imaginary friend called "Big Dave" with him in the pub... can't remember what it was for
  • I saw him at Welling so ner
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]from the advert when the fella had the giant imaginary friend called "Big Dave" with him in the pub... can't remember what it was for

Giant imaginary friend.......or imaginary goalscorer. Well, since Christmas, anyway. ;o)

I bet the players have nicknames for each other that few fans would know ......?
  • A lot of fans would not want to know the nicknames of players if some of the ones dished about in all my old sides are anything to go by.
  • pot noodles me thinks.
  • Gibbs played teh full 901 blinding

He gets my vote for player of the season
  • Sothampton Addick - are you still taking those funny tabs?......ha ha your've seen Cory Gibbs play 90 mins...of course you have.. :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• How was Lord Lucan as well?
  • And Shergar......
  • Read the Charlton bit it's quite funny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Gibbs
  • What, Reamsy, this bit you mean:
    "Gibbs signed a pre-contract agreement with English Premiership side Charlton Athletic in May 2006 just before Alan Curbishley's departure. However, due to injuries, he has not yet played in the first team for any of his three managers at Charlton (Iain Dowie, Les Reed and current manager Alan Pardew). Due to this many Charlton fans have jokes circling questioning if he really exists or is just an inside joke at the club."
  • The bottom 2 lines yes Oggy
  • who is this man.
  • At number one is Corey Gibbs
    Number twooooo ......
  • edited February 2008
    Nice, could do with a decent centre back after Saturday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]Nice, could do with a decent lift back after Saturday.