Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Gritt

2»

Comments

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Boysie said:

Didn't he also score the winner against Watford at Selhurst when we beat them 4-3 ?

Yep.

The QPR last minute equaliser was excellent but my favourite was against Aston Villa (2-2) also at Selhurst. We made a really quick break and Gritt finished off some mayhem in the box by cracking it home.

The Port Vale away goal mentioned earlier gave us a really undeserved point. Another low drive into the bottom corner.

He had a couple of good games in goal too. Was doing ok v Palace in a Boxing Day game but got undone by a brilliant free kick from Peter Nicholas and then the Kevin Mabbutt "stuck in the mud" goal. He did really well away to Coventry but ultimately we were overwhelmed 3-0. There was also some talk of him starting a game in goal away to Carlisle but Lee Harmsworth was given his debut instead. Just as well....Gritt scored (I think) in a 1-1 with a low daisy cutter.
    I was at that Coventry game. I remember him making a top corner save with his finger tips which earned him a great cheer.
  • Options
    He wasn't averse to taking over in goal if I remember rightly. When did he do that?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Griity=proper Charlton Legend,
    I still see him playing down at Metrogas on a Sunday.
    He helped me a last year back when him and a few of his team mates helped with one of the 17 year old players that I manage had a seizure during a game.
  • Options
    my favourite memory of him is his goal against bolton last day of the season in a 4-1 victory

great clubman
  • Options

Simonsen said:

Boysie said:

Didn't he also score the winner against Watford at Selhurst when we beat them 4-3 ?

Yep.

The QPR last minute equaliser was excellent but my favourite was against Aston Villa (2-2) also at Selhurst. We made a really quick break and Gritt finished off some mayhem in the box by cracking it home.

The Port Vale away goal mentioned earlier gave us a really undeserved point. Another low drive into the bottom corner.

He had a couple of good games in goal too. Was doing ok v Palace in a Boxing Day game but got undone by a brilliant free kick from Peter Nicholas and then the Kevin Mabbutt "stuck in the mud" goal. He did really well away to Coventry but ultimately we were overwhelmed 3-0. There was also some talk of him starting a game in goal away to Carlisle but Lee Harmsworth was given his debut instead. Just as well....Gritt scored (I think) in a 1-1 with a low daisy cutter.
    I was at that Coventry game. I remember him making a top corner save with his finger tips which earned him a great cheer.
    Was at that too. Ogrizovic was in goal for Coventry and applauded it.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

He wasn't averse to taking over in goal if I remember rightly. When did he do that?

Just twice...

Away to Palace, Boxing Day 84-85 season, lost 1-2, Tony Lange broke his ankle early on. Dave Madden scored with a big deflection late on for a consolation.

Away to Coventry, possibly 88-89, lost 0-3, Bob Bolder injured in the first half. Think Cyrille Regis scored at least one for Coventry.

• Options
    Heros to zero. This regime really don't have a clue about Charlton
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    That Charlton feel at Ebsfleet is shrinking
  • Options
    Bust by Xmas sadly I reckon. Bring back Gravesend and northfleet.