Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team to face Wigan

It's been in a couple of the papers this morning that ID is look for JFH to take some of the goals scoring pressure of of Benty. Is this a hint that we will be 4-4-2 on saturday?

Personally, I would stick with the same team that beat man city but with Ambrose in for Rommedahl if Romms not fit.

What does everyone reckon?

Comments

• Options
    Agreed - we've had two many games where Bent and JFH just haven't worked together in a 442. I also don't think that we have a strong enough midfield to play 442 and playing 5 in the middle allows Reid to have the freedom which he wouldn't otherwise get in a 4 man midfield.

Ambrose, rather than Hughes, must come in.
  • Options
    i'm not too sure on wigan, but i think they play 442. I think being the away team it might be sensible to match them from the start, try and grind them down, then open out a bit in the second half.
  • Options
    Ambrose may merit promotion to the bench, but no more.
    I don't believe JFH is good enough anymore tbh, but he scored a couple so I'd certainly be looking to play him again on Saturday if Rommedahl is out, Benty could do with a partner. If Romm is fit, and the others who beat Citeh, then I am not sure - either stick with them or rest JT for JFH.
  • Options
    Every time I've seen Wigan they've played 4-4-2.

As for us, I think we should go 4-5-1, that plays to our strengths and avoids some weaknesses.