Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carson - safe till May???

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
From the BBC's newspaper round-up page:

"Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants Valencia keeper Ludovic Butelle to replace Jose Reina. (Daily Mirror) "

Comments

• unless they get injuries, i can't see him going back. I also think we may have a slight chance of signing him if we stay up.

Once you have a taste as a first-team keeper, you don't want to go back to being a reserve.
  • talking to a liverpool supporting mate a couple of weeks back he reckons the chances are they won't want him back.

Only thing I would like to know is have they thought about this and possibly agreed a fee should he join us?
  • what about if another club tries to buy him? just like smertin.
  • It will would be a steal if we were able to buy Carson....it might make up for the £3m wasted on Marcus Bent.
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]what about if another club tries to buy him? just like smertin.

The difference is that Smertin wanted to go because he had fallen out with Curbs, Carson seems happy and judging on some of his comments in interviews, has a fair amount of respect for ID for taking a gamble on him.
  • If offered Carson we should buy him, he's a great keeper and should be in the full England squad and probably would be but for being eligible for the U21s which none of the other English keepers are. He'll be an England regular in 2-3 seasons if not sooner. Maybe Liverpool will want an established name and experienced keeper to keep Reina company.

I thought the deal with Smertin was that he wanted to go home? Obviously he concluded Chelsea weren't going to want him back and he wasn't a regular at Charlton and that Chicken Kiev were a better option, anyone know how he's doing?
  • unbelieveable when you think he could actually play against us in the last game of the season and put us down!