Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Onside ....

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
But if Shittu wasnt all over Fortune then I'm a dutchman

Comments

• Options
    no way fortune didnt jump he should have been leaping at the same time shittus arms are out not on him his chest was on fortunes back but he was not good enough for both goals imo
  • Options
    He had his hands on his shoulders ????????????????????
  • Options
    football is a gasme of opinions i dont think they showed enough for me to see hands on shoulders if fortune would have jumped then shittu wouldnt have got the ball no one appealed for a free kick except fortune
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]He had his hands on his shoulders ????????????????????

didnt see fortune or any others complain
  • Options
    No one complained but i also thought Shittu was all over Fortune.Maybe Shittu's hands on Fortune's shoulders prevented him from jumping?
  • Options
    looked like shittu jumped before fortune tried to jump, giving the impression that he (shittu) was all over him when in fact fortune was trying to jump underneath shittu.

christ i'm useless at trying to explain the way i see things.
  • Options
    all academic we turned victory into a draw what we do need to do is pick up 4 points from next 2 away games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]all academic we turned victory into a draw what we do need to do is pick up 4 points from next 2 away games

6 points imo opinion steve! Yesterday was imo our biggest game of the season so far and was an absolute must win, draw no good, win only was good enough. I aint gonna dwell on this tho, as pards could instill some fight and get our 6 points off next 2 games, wont happen mind but we have to live in a wee bit of hope.

After yesterday i am now convinced that we are play off hopefulls only, which we wont be able to win. Next year will make or break our club.
  • Options
    It is going to be a real tough fight to secure our place in the play offs but I think we have the squad to do it. With a bit of luck from referees & injuries we should be able to secure enough points to finish 6th or higher. I can't, however, see us winning enough points to finish above teams like Watford, WBA & Stoke. I will be quite happy with a play off place this year. Once there, we will have as good a chance as any of winning it.

I still think we have an exciting young team being built at the Valley. But this year is too soon for us. As MCS says, next year will make or break our club. We have to ensure we win promotion before our parachute money runs out, or we will be facing a fairly bleak future.
  • Options
    i think we'll finish 4th behind wba watford and stoke. it's between ipswich and palace for 6th bristol will take 5th imo. saying that a lot can still change but cant see us getting above 4th imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Win our next two (or even a win and a draw) and could all look very different.

The thing in our favour is that there are no really good teams, and all seem as capable of dropping points as each other.
    It might also be that those in pole position could lose their bottle as the end comes into sight, leaving the door open for others to capitalise.

IF we could just get on that decent run we've been waiting all season for, then automatic promotion could still be there for the taking.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    If anyone has seen the picture in the news of the world today then you can see it is quite cearly a foul. Fortune didnt jump but BOTH of Danny's hands were on his shoulders quite clearly.

Foul
  • Options
    Saw the same picture and totally agree.
  • Options
    Was sitting right behind the goal (eyelevel in line with the bloody cross bar) and it was a foul...I thought Weaver was impeded too.....couldnt tell if the other one was offside.
  • Options
    1203184488_spt_ai_charlton_v_watford_14.jpg
  • Options
    If Shittu had done that to the keeper it would have been 100% a foul so why's it not a foul when it's on an outfield player?
  • Options
    We simply have to win on saturday. Watford, stoke and west brom all have winnable home games and Bristol city are away at Colchester.
    Failure to win at the weekend could see us at least 10 points off the promotion places and we won't claw that back.
  • Options
    And those who said Fortune didnt jump, he did but couldnt get any higher for the obvious reasons in the picture...
  • Options
    Everyone is so negative, I am still convinced we will win the league. we have had enough decent chances to win virtually every single game this season. I can see us going and winning 6/7 on the trot to get us right back in the mix.
  • Options
    Do you think ZZ would be better deployed not standing on the line? He looks terrified and is blocking Weaver! Academic now anyway - a bit like our automatic promotion chances in my opininon (sorry, kigelia...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Do you think ZZ would be better deployed not standing on the line? He looks terrified and is blocking Weaver!
    Ha ha, didnt notice that!
  • Options
    just hope we nick 3rd