Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well done The Royal Oak

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
They seemed to get it right yesterday. With the garden opened, beers pre poured, plenty of capable staff, side entrance open, quick tunraround of customers and even full pints. Although I didn't go post match Addickted Junior said it was better then as well.

I don't think the corner shop did such good business yesterday.

Credit where it's due

Comments

• Probably managed due to half the punters now drinking elsewhere....... cynic, moi?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Probably managed due to half the punters now drinking elsewhere....... cynic, moi?

That's what I thought post-match as well - it seemed to have lost a third of its trade.
  • About a dozen of us went to the Liberal. Decent place. Typical working mans club interior but the beer was good, cheap and the service was instant... can't ask for more than that.

I doubt we were the only ones to go elsewhere after last Friday especially..
  • I'm convinced the lib is to be our new local, even had a director drinking with us
  • Think you're right Dicko
  • agreed chaps, liberal was good and the bottles of sptfire and master brew on tap, rock on dudes, rock on
  • we went to the swan for 1 before the game and to Blackheath straight after. Bumped into AFKA at half time who said he couldn't get in the oak to get served, and apparently they're not serving vodka on match days again, so thats that then.

Addickted, when we saw you on the train after the game, you didn't look like you'd drunk that much so I don't believe you that you had no problems! :-)
  • tried for five minutes but literally couldn't get through the front door. Spotted Addickted going through the side alley, but that involved climbing up planks of wood and squeezing in the back door. Took about 6 minutes to get served, though it was pre-poured.
    I used to have such an affiliation for the place, but it seems to have lost everything; character, warmth, service, links to Charlton etc. Its now just a bland pub that seems to have no history, character or charm. Stand in the extension and its dark and dingy, with bland walls and no lighting. Such a shame.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] Spotted Addickted going through the side alley, but that involved climbing up planks of wood and squeezing in the back door.

Blimey, if I can do it.............
  • THe Liberal for me too, thought it was perfect for pre match drinkies
  • Sponsored links:

• British Oak before and after.
    Very good pub.
  • Why didn't we think of this before eh? Two minutes from the station, 4 minutes from the ground. Hardly any hill to climb, fast service, good beer, big and spacious.