Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the industry

had a great day yesterday. got to chesterfield about 4ish, went for bite to eat and few drinks in town centre then went to the pubs near the ground. 1st chesterfield arms then the industry where recognised a couple of lifers (of football focus fame). the match and in particular the ground lived up to expectations with outside toilets (a painted black wall), uncoverred terracing and a proper old fashoin tea bar. oh and the kids in a tree watching the game.
instead of heading back into town after game, went back to industry where we were made more than welcome. in fact stayed until about 1ish talking to 2 match day stewards and landlord and lady. the stewards (very max and paddy) actually said we were the best behaved fans since they played glasgow rangers years ago.
the day was slightly spoilt by the idiots at the end of the match.
anyhow, who else was in the industry as i'm sure there were a few more lifers, i didn't go on valley tour and only know a couple of others.

Comments

• Options
    Me as you mentioned! :-) you should have come and said hello.

there were a fair few, in our little corner. about 8? theywill make themselves known,
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    i was there, sitting in the middle of that bay seat just along from curb it

edited to say: you weren't the fella who affectionately rubbed shag's head then realised it wasn't who you thought it was, much to the amusement to the majority of the pub?
  • Options
    They are all shy.

Twas me, other half, then 1905. Shag had his back to you probably,- hey you werent the bloke that said hello to him and stroked his head?

then suzi, rothko, buckshee and les says.
    we had two interlopers in the middle for a while!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i was there, sitting in the middle of that bay seat just along from curb it

edited to say: you weren't the fella who affectionately rubbed shag's head then realised it wasn't who you thought it was, much to the amusement to the majority of the pub?

no not into head stroking. i was standing by the 'bay seat' tables along with "cheeseroll" and 3 non lifers (who i'm trying to sign up).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i was there, sitting in the middle of that bay seat just along from curb it

no not into head stroking.

Me neither mate

i was standing by the 'bay seat' tables along with "cheeseroll" and 3 non lifers (who i'm trying to sign up).

What is it with cheeserolls ?
  • Options
    I liked shags reply when the bloke rubbed his head:

"What the fuck do you want............."

Industry was a great little pub. It was a proper football night out - the pub, the ground, the toilets, the terracing, the tea bar etc etc
  • Options
    *the stewards (very max and paddy) actually said we were the best behaved fans since they played glasgow rangers years ago*.........dispels the myth that Rangers fans are trouble makers..
  • Options
    how did it compare to the old away days? (like, Bury, Oldham, Tranmere, Boro airsome, Sunderland roker and Notts County)
  • Options
    those were the days my friend!