Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks Abroad

What a nightmare living abroad on a night like to night.

Go into work this morning (in Canada) and no one can understand why I'm as excited, restless as hell over a "Soccer" game thousands of miles away, for a team not even in the Premiership.

See loads of messages on here about peeps leaving work early to get down the boozer. Not even lunch time here yet....

BBC London has all the build up to the game, can hear the fans, hear the music as the players come out.... then it cuts off. Due to contractual broadcasting b***s***.

Then this message board, the only one with live match updates and banter with other overseas fans.... crashes until after the final whistler.

It's hard beeing an overseaer!!!

What a fecking sweet result though. GET IN.

Comments

• Options
    We'll be celebrating the win the longest though Crazy addick!

Agree on the nightmare that it is - Apart from family and friends for me missing Charlton is the biggest thing I miss about the UK - Oh and a decent boozer.
  • Options
    Good point! Looking foward to a few pints of 1516 this evening.

Only an hour of work left....
  • Options
    I picked up the final score on my Blackberry moments after getting into the terminal at Calgary - I let out a huge YESSSSS - which drew a lot of inquisitive looks from those around me.

Great result - well done all those involved.

Poor old NIgels hahahahahaha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I picked up the final score on my Blackberry moments after getting into the terminal at Calgary - I let out a huge YESSSSS - which drew a lot of inquisitive looks from those around me.

Great result - well done all those involved.

Poor old NIgels hahahahahaha

same from me at work mate - people thought I'd won the lottery or something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thecrazyaddick[/cite]Good point! Looking foward to a few pints of 1516 this evening.

Only an hour of work left....

1516 isn't too shabby mate - I'm partial to a glass of rye whiskey as well.
  • Options
    Rye and coke always comes out when we hit the provincial parks during the summer.

v.nice.
  • Options
    Ai. Was at dinner with Spanish folk tonight in Valencia
    Jumped out of my skin when mi bro sent me a message that Varney had scored

They all thought I was a plonka
    Had to explain it was like Real Madrid vs. Athletic or Barcelona
    But, they still don´t understand, cos we´re not in the Prem.

What a result.
    Done the double over the Palarse.
    And deservedly too...

Luke Varney´s shown his true colours tonight.
  • Options
    Thanks to Jimmelrose I got to listen and it was terrific 5.45 am at kick off and my day started with an absolute result...

The football is a big miss and like you say that, mates, and a decent curry...

what a result and I think it could really push us on...