Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonights game

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Just back from tonights game.A great performance and a superb result. Thoroughly deserved win ,every one played well and Halford looked very useful. Come on you reds. Good performance by the fans too'

Comments

• Options
    Yea sounded great and i also thought Halford and McCarthy were quality but i wasnt there.Who were the best players?
  • Options
    Evertime we had a through in there half it was like a corner!
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]Yea sounded great and i also thought Halford and McCarthy were quality but i wasnt there.Who were the best players?

Youga, Halford, Varney and Holland
  • Options
    Haven't seen such a one sided game in ages. Can't believe they are where they are in the league.

Thought we were solid and kept at it. Played better against Stoke and Stoke were a lot better than Palace. Varney made the difference, was busy up front throughout and we needed that first.

Others to impress were Halford and Youga (again)

Splitting headache now, and feel so drained i haven't even got that real celebratory buzz.

Police were a bit heavy handed after IMO.
  • Options
    I though they all played well, Holland ZZ were magnificent didn't stop running all night, Varney was a real handful, Halford looked excellent in the first half particularly, Youga brilliant and McCarthy and Bougherra very solid although Palarse didn't have a lot of idea up front to be honest, they were poor. I hope this will get varney on a run of goals we need someone to start scoriung regularly, well done.
  • Options
    Only Sam and Ambrose could be said to have had a less than good game and even then that would be harsh as both worked hard but without much end product.

Varney has to get MOTM but Youga was great throughout at both ends, Halford gave us something extra, ZZ was ZZ finding space and room and only a fantastic reflex save stopped him scoring.

We played well against a, frankly, poor Palace side who had little to offer beyond effort and running. We matched that effort and our class was the difference. We could have had 5 or 6.
  • Options
    Youga looked very safe.Varney ran his socks off,and went off to a standing ovation. Back line all did well. midfield battled for everything. The complete performance. Lets hope we can build on this one.That was a big big win.
  • Options
    We'll now go and lose 5-0 to Sheffield Weds (-:

Up The Addicks!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Youga looked very safe.Varney ran his socks off,and went off to a standing ovation. Back line all did well. midfield battled for everything. The complete performance. Lets hope we can build on this one.That was a big big win.

Hopefully it's the first of a load of big, big wins at home - should have buried them, but we held our nerve, which we maybe wouldn't have done earlier this season.

hahaha - that prat Warnock's moaning about the ref on Sky Sports News. Stupid tosser.
  • Options
    What game was he watching? Warnock you're an idiot well suited to Palarse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One Luke Varney!! He deserved that goal, and then he got another... brilliant - just rewards - he works like an absolute b*****d - more productive than Sam and Ambrose combined. Definitely Man of the Match!!

Sat in the East for a change tonight halfway between the centre and the Jimmy Seed. I suspect we were loud if you were in the North upper, but we HAVE to try and do something about getting the away fans out of there. I think if the upper north got heard more, more people would join in instead of being drowned out by the acoustics of the Jimmy Seed..

I have to say that Matty Holland had a cracking game, as did Halford.

Oh and McCarthy and Youga!

Well done all!!

UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO!!
  • Options
    I am Saluting Matty Holland at the mo, he is at the moment Mr Charlton. Top stuff