Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock spinning more than Monty !!!

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
LOL, we're not gonna fall for all that Colin !

Neil Warnock will bring along the entire Palace first team squad to cheer on the starting XI in tonight's crunch derby match at the Valley.
The Palace boss believes tonight's trip to play-off and local rivals Charlton Athletic presents an occasion that should be savoured by as many people as possible.

"It's the type of fixture you look forward to and we've got a few tasty ones between now and the end of the season," he said.
"The whole squad will be because I just think it's good for the other lads to be around. It's Friday night, there's nothing on telly, and will be a great occasion.

"With all their Premier League players from last year, Charlton have a far better squad than us technically so we do have to compete with them to give them a good game.

"With the expectations from their fans and the parachute payments from being in the Premier League, Charlton will be very disappointed if they don't get automatic promotion.

"We haven't got the same expectations from our fans because we were trying to avoid relegation a few months ago so we can go into it quite relaxed but, make no mistake, it's important for the fans.
"All the staff will be looking forward to it."

Although Warnock admits he has no idea what to expect from his first ever south London derby, he remembers in detail last April's relegation dogfight at the Valley where a draw for his Sheffield United all but condemned the Addicks to the Championship.

"I'm not really sure what to expect," he said. "Derbies are derbies but I remember coming here last year to the Valley with Sheffield United.

"There couldn't have been any more pressure on that particular game. Charlton knew they had to beat us to stay up so it was a massive game.

"I know we were the lambs to the slaughter but I enjoyed being there.

"I remember the singers before the game pumping the crowd up and they scored early doors - but we weathered that.

"I felt at the time it was a good stadium for a game like that."

That the main focus of tonight's game, which kicks off at 7.45pm, will be on which team emerges in a better position to challenge for promotion, is a testament to the impact Warnock has had since he arrived at Selhurst Park four months ago.

"We're glad that there is something riding on it," he added, "because it means we've done something right over the past few months. We're glad it's not a relegation battle for us - that's how far we've come.

"When I first came we probably wouldn't have been looking forward to this fixture but now we all are - and that goes for the staff as well.

Palace have no new injury concerns ahead of the game. Paul Ifill is back training and Carl Fletcher has emerged unscathed from scoring his first international goal in Wales' 3-0 victory over Norway in midweek.
http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...1236139,00.html

Comments

• Options
    he loves a cliche... i still farking hate him tho and doubly more so he's at palace and trebley more so he's turned their results around... the thought of losing this game is making me feel really ill