Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards urges Jordan and Murray to call truce

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2028313.0.pards_urges_jordan_and_murray_to_call_truce.php

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    He is not doing himself any favours with us(the fans) - why is being so nice before a game like this?

"I know there were Charlton fans who had an issue about the travelling and the arrangements for the staff at home games when they were at Selhurst Park, but I always had a good relationship with both clubs.

"Both clubs find themselves out of the division they want to be in, so both sets of fans, staff and players are committed to take both clubs back to the Premier League.

"Nothing would give me more pleasure than us both making it, but that's going to be difficult."

Just made me say "F**k Off" out loud. Cheers Pards.
  • Options
    Please tell me this is also a wind up??
  • Options
    Unfortunately Weegie i don't think this one is. Welcome back by the way.
  • Options
    one minute he tells us we are too nicey nicey as a group of fans.

now he wants us to be nice?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Murray should tell Pardds to f**k off and mind his own business, isnt this the exact attitude he was coating us (the fans) for recently.

No one cares you are ex palace scum Pards, you're Charlton now. Why the hell do you care if they get promoted, you should should only be thinking about one teams promotion prospects, newsflash, they don't play in red and blue stripes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]one minute he tells us we are too nicey nicey as a group of fans.

now he wants us to be nice?
    Thats the most aggravating thing B. Why be hypocritical just because he "likes" Palace.
  • Options
    Get in touch with reality Pards. This is football, remember? ...I appreciate there is a certain amount of irony to that statement...
  • Options
    "Life is too short, so nothing would give me more pleasure if they shake hands before the game and it was all water under the bridge".

Get your priorities straight Pardew - the three points matter - whether Murray sees fit to bury the hatchet with that tosser (I'd suggest burying it in him is a better solution) is neither here nor there.
  • Options
    He really does prove quite inconsiderate at times you know, and a real lack of respect for us as supporters.

He is more than entitled to have those feelings, he played for them of course, but sometimes a bit of common sense wouldn't go a miss. He knows full well how we feel about that lot, so why does he have to say anything at all ?

Someone at the club should have a serious word with him ahead of tomorrow that if he starts giving them a wave again it will not go down well at all. They do it to wind us up, and he appears happy to play along with it.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    Especially as someone who has not left the club has just said that he would love to see a Charlton win against Palace and our current manager can't even bring himself to say it.

This has really wound me up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pards I respect you as a manager but you can keep your nose out of this mate - complete naivity!
  • Options
    I agree AFKA. If we win or should I say 'once we've won' he can be as nicey nicey as he likes but until Palace are going home pointless then he should keep his trap shut because talking like this and then losing is really going to start losing the fans. He doesn't have to slag Palace off but there again, why say anything?

And good on Reidy by the way.
  • Options
    not the wisest comments to be uttered by Pards...he should have just kept his mouth shut on this one.....is he in touch with reality? Does he know how much we hate the Scum? (Even if they aren't our rivals)
  • Options
    He's clearly too busy having a party...
  • Options
    too much of that Charlie stuff....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]not the wisest comments to be uttered by Pards...he should have just kept his mouth shut on this one.....is he in touch with reality? Does he know how much we hate the Scum? (Even if they aren't our rivals)

Millwall are the scum. Palace are a bunch of no-marks who it's ever so nice to get one over on but Millwall are the scum.

(I suppose in the absence of there being even a remote possibility of us playing them any time in the near future Palace can be a stand-in scum).
  • Options
    Don' t some of these managers talk utter rubbish, just get on with preparing the team and winning games and not p*ssing off the fans. How about taking some shooting practice with the strikers and crossing practice with the wingers.....that's a start!
  • Options
    I'm looking into my crystal ball now:

PARDS POST MATCH REACTION

"I don't know what got into the fans tonight. They were booing every touch of a Palace player and not even clapping when Palace scored. This club is far too nasty, especially to the teams I like. Maybe at the next home game we can create a better atmosphere for the away team"
  • Options
    You can't compare the two.

Millwall are disliked because of their followers and all that they stand for.

Palace are disliked for very different reasons, mainly through association with Selhurst. That period marked the ultimate low in our clubs history, and everyone and everything associated with it brings on anger in a great number of people.
  • Options
    lol WSS......Nug, you should have seen the post I did at the weekend...brief highlights of our strikers at Scunny...worth a look if you want a laugh.

ISLS....its all about degrees of Scum really...Millwall arent really worthy of a mention....Palarse on the other hand have been Scum in my books since the dark days of 87....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Palace are disliked for very different reasons, mainly through association with Selhurst. That period marked the ultimate low in our clubs history, and everyone and everything associated with it brings on anger in a great number of people.
    Yeah but as long as Pards got on with everyone while we were there AFKA thats alright.

Was probably Pards who gace those fans his red card...
  • Options
    Shoddy journalism NS!

Should actually read: Pards urges Jordan and Andre to call truce

He is referring to this weekend's news that Jordan and Peter Andre are in a dispute with their former nanny, who, of all things, questioned their parenting skills.
  • Options
    Not particularly pleased with Pards comments but i think he doesn't want tomorrow psyched up too much as i think he fears that the more hype that surrounds the game the more 'physical' the game will be. We did well against a physical Stoke side but palace will be much more fired up and i think Pards doesn't want to give them anymore encouragment to beat us. Their goons will be much more suited should it become a war and i think Pards is trying to curb their motivation.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Shoddy journalism NS!

Should actually read: Pards urges Jordan and Andre to call truce

He is referring to this weekend's news thatJordan and Peter Andreare in a dispute with their former nanny, who, of all things, questioned their parenting skills.

Ha don't do meaningless celebrity stories at the Shopper I'm afraid. Try the Kentish Times for that kind of garbage.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Palace are disliked for very different reasons, mainly through association with Selhurst. That period marked the ultimate low in our clubs history, and everyone and everything associated with it brings on anger in a great number of people.

Nail on head. In my age group (21 and under) Millwall are nothing whatsoever - I've only seen us play them three times, it's Palace who we hate to the core
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Not particularly pleased with Pards comments but i think he doesn't want tomorrow psyched up too much as i think he fears that the more hype that surrounds the game the more 'physical' the game will be. We did well against a physical Stoke side but palace will be much more fired up and i think Pards doesn't want to give them anymore encouragment to beat us. Their goons will be much more suited should it become a war and i think Pards is trying to curb their motivation.
    Well he shouldnt say anything then rather than making us look like mugs. Its already appeared on the BBS.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=f2ca319bed4f9934b4c3bb3e0724507b&threadid=165514&perpage=20&pagenumber=2
  • Options
    I don't like this one bit but maybe it's a bit of reverse psychology by Pards to wind us fans up even more than we are before the game. If it is (and I doubt it) then he's going about it the wrong way.
  • Options
    not the brightest thing to say will cheese the fans as well as his own boss bit of free advice Al when it comes to palace and Jordan we hate the kuntz with a passion
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]

Ha don't do meaningless celebrity stories at the Shopper I'm afraid. Try the Kentish Times for that kind of garbage.

Oi!
  • Options
    Stupid thing to say IMHO but I really don't care that much. Ditto the wave to the Palace fans IF and it is a BIG IF Pardew does his job and puts out a winning team.

Who he was nice to and who he waved to will be irrelevent compared to the result.